Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2004, 03:15 AM   #21
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

That really does stink even more when the employer doesn't have the guts to let him know in advance that this might happen. As others said, things often have a way of getting better. And even though you may have to put a hiatus on the camping trips, at least you don't have to sell your Montana. It will be there when you're ready to use it again. Good luck Mel and Mike. Please keep us posted.
Thank you Steve, you are right, it's ok for now since we don't have to sell the Montana. Mike told me we might be living in it. I think he was just kidding, well I hope he was because living in there with 2 kids and a dog, I would go out of my mind! LOL Thank you for your kind words.

Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:18 AM   #22
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickster

Melissa - We have been on the road for the last several days and just now returned to the computer access world! What a blow to read about Mike's job displacement.

First of all our prayers go out to you. We can relate to the emotions you are feeling since both my husband and myself have experienced job displacement. At the time, it is like hitting a brick wall and perfectly normal to have feelings of anger and resentment with the thoughts of why me and how are we going to survive.

But we want you to know that once you work through these issues you will find that maybe things happen for a reason and we are confident that things will be better for you. As a family you will find that you have an inner strength you never realized you had.

Maybe this is the time that Mike will find a new calling and make a career change. I know for myself after a lot of analyzing what my career goals and ambitions where I made a change from Human Resource Management to Sales/Marketing. And loved most every minute learning a new field. You are very fortunate that you still have one income coming into the household that will help keep you afloat. So many people do not have that option.

Please keep us posted and maybe we can help with some good old fashioned job networking!

Thank you and we are doing a whole lot of networking! LOL I have all my friends keeping their eyes and ears open for anything in sales that might help him. I know he is going stir crazy at home too because he's a work-a-holic. I told him he could come to work for me but he thought he might like a week or 2 off. I will definitely post when something comes along, thanks again.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:21 AM   #23
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MEinMO

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. When my husband lost his job I heard it on the radio before they were even told the company was closing. He called me to find out if I knew anything. It's bad enough to lose your job but to find out that way was so upsetting. After the initial shock, anger, and all the other emotions everything eventually turned out for the best and I'm sure it will for you too. Hang in there!
Oh my goodness, I guess this wasn't that bad then. YIKES! To find out via the radio that you are losing your job, how horrible that would be. I guess what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:55 AM   #24
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Being released from a job is devastating to say the least. It can also be a blessing in disguise. I know it was for me when I was fired 20 years ago. I found a job about a month later that was much better for my family and me. I’m sure Mike will be back on track in no time. Pat and I will keep you in our prayers. Just keep your spirits up.

Bill
Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:18 AM   #25
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill n Pat

Being released from a job is devastating to say the least. It can also be a blessing in disguise. I know it was for me when I was fired 20 years ago. I found a job about a month later that was much better for my family and me. I’m sure Mike will be back on track in no time. Pat and I will keep you in our prayers. Just keep your spirits up.

Bill
Thank you, we are trying to keep our spirits up. He is busy right now with the coming holiday weekend and such so I don't really think it's sunk in quite yet but after next week I think it will. I know our 4yo is loving having Daddy at home. Mike has already called many times asking me to switch places with him and stay home... LOL GLADLY He liked his job and his friends, I think that is the hardest part is losing your good friends. Oh well, the ones that were really that good will keep in touch and he will make new one. Thank you again.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:00 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, put him to work selling Montanas. Then you'd get a big discount on everything related! Or maybe they'd be willing to pay your rving expenses just for carrying their signs on your Montana?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:56 AM   #27
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Mel, put him to work selling Montanas. Then you'd get a big discount on everything related! Or maybe they'd be willing to pay your rving expenses just for carrying their signs on your Montana?
Hmmm, now there's a thought! How cool would be? Too bad there are only 2 dealerships in the area that sell them and one is the one we bought from (which we not set foot in again) and the other is an hour away. But... something to run by him. Thanks Steve!
Old 07-01-2004, 02:18 AM   #28
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Melissa and Mike--Been out of the loop for a while and were shocked to find your news in the first topic we opened. It IS a dreadful place to be in but as everyone else has put it so well, when everything has been resolved and sorted out, you will find that there is much to be thankful for. We were overseas on an assignment when my mom called (a real event at $1.50 a minute!!)to ask if we were being sent home. She had read in the NY Times that our company had been bought out and the project killed. We had not even heard yet of the sale but at least I was prepared that AM! Several months of real upheavel followed--but long story short, it was the best thing that ever happened to us. Mike is obviously already successful--some smart corporation will grab him in a minute. While you are waiting for that to happen remember that it is a stressful time for everyone and try to be patient--sometimes easier said than done. Meanwhile, as you can see, there is a huge bunch of us pulling for you. All best wishes and prayers for the star (SOON!) of another new adventure.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:26 AM   #29
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bowie

Melissa and Mike--Been out of the loop for a while and were shocked to find your news in the first topic we opened. It IS a dreadful place to be in but as everyone else has put it so well, when everything has been resolved and sorted out, you will find that there is much to be thankful for. We were overseas on an assignment when my mom called (a real event at $1.50 a minute!!)to ask if we were being sent home. She had read in the NY Times that our company had been bought out and the project killed. We had not even heard yet of the sale but at least I was prepared that AM! Several months of real upheavel followed--but long story short, it was the best thing that ever happened to us. Mike is obviously already successful--some smart corporation will grab him in a minute. While you are waiting for that to happen remember that it is a stressful time for everyone and try to be patient--sometimes easier said than done. Meanwhile, as you can see, there is a huge bunch of us pulling for you. All best wishes and prayers for the star (SOON!) of another new adventure.
Thank you, how very kind. That would be truly horrible to find out that way rather than the company telling you. I can't even imagine. Oh well, I know everything happens for a reason but it's still hard.

One nice thing though is he's able to stay home with our 13yo and 4yo for a while and they are loving it. Mike's not so sure how much he loves it but the kids sure do.

Thanks again for your kind words.