Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2004, 09:03 AM   #1
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
12 volt outlet

For those that have a 3295 or any other's. Do you have a 12 volt outlet anywhere in the trailer. Our new one doesn't and my wife always used a little 12 V sweeper to pick up little stuff instead of the big one.

ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #2
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Our DC outlet is on the wall when open the desk. Our's is a 2955.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 09:21 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
In our 3295rk it's in the wallplate with the bedroom tv connection and boost button.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #4
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
I also have a 2004 3295rk and it does not have a 12 volt plug anywhere. I was going to wire one up but could not decide where I wanted to put it.
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 10:19 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
the tv boost is 12v. if you don't mind putting it by that boost button i think you can get a replacement wallplate with 12v receptacle from radio shack. maybe lowe's, home depot, etc., too?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #6
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I was thinking of putting one right by the step as you go up to the bedroom. It would face the step. It should be easy I think. Since the converter is right there and there are some terminals that are not used on it. What do you think.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:18 AM   #7
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
If You are near tha converter then that's the easiest way. There are probably a few 12v circuits in the panel that are unused, mine has 4 I think.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 07:32 AM   #8
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Two places I have added 12v receptacles in our 3295. 1) On the right hand side of the refrigerator. I tapped into the 12V connection to the refrig and also tapped the antenna line that was right there. So I have a combination 12v/TV outlet for my 12V TV when I'm not on elec. 2) on the wall of the curio cabinet. I tapped the 12V that goes to the H2O pump.

P.S. I also put a switch there (lighted) for my water pump so I can reach it at those times that I have forgotten to turn off the pump before retracting the slides. Or to turn on the pump for one of those senior "emergency" potty breaks.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #9
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
you don't by any chance have pictures do you. Never thought about the curio cab. Thanks to all for the info. Can't understand why they didn't put one in somewhere.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:28 AM   #10
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
The following link has pictures of what I did.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b3771228450a

Below is a copy of an earlier post about the changes I had made.

I made several improvements to our 3295 (2002).
1. I mounted a pilot lighted switch for the H2O pump on the side of the curio cabinet so I could easily see it from the door. Just a short wire to connect since the pump is beneath the curio.
2. I installed a combination 12v/TV outlet in the kitchen slide on the wall adjacent to the fridge. A coax antenna cable is right there, so I was able to cut it and put a splitter in, and I found 12V wiring there that goes to the fridge that I tapped onto. Now I can use my 12v TV in the living area when there is no elec hookup. And also I can use my 12v electric knife in the kitchen.
3. I found that ALL of the kitchen slide outlets were on the single GFCI circuit as well as the fireplace, fridge, outside outlets, and bathroom outlets. This made it impossible to use the fireplace and and electric coffee pot or toaster at the same time. I then found that the microwave outlet is on a separate circuit, so I wired an additional outlet to that circuit and installed it in the wall to the left of the micro. Works perfectly, especially since we seldom use the micro other than for thawing and reheating.
4. I discovered an access panel just behind the waste basket drawer. From that I drilled through the slideout wall to add an outlet for my satellite dish. I was then able to fish a coax from the shelves over the TV down to there. It looks like a "factory installed" job!
5. I made a "leaf" for my table by finishing a piece of oak plywood the same as the table, then installed two "arms" of oak beneath at the same distance apart as the frame just beneath the table top. By screwing on two blocks to receive the arms of the leaf, I can slide it right into place, adding 10 inches to the table width. Of course I must remember to take the leaf off to put the slide in.
5. I installed a 12V bullseye reading light on the side of the curio (12V access just below the cabinet) so I can have an light just behind me when I sit in the recliner. Especially helpful when no elec. hook up.
6. I bought two pieces of clear acrylic and cut them to fit the screen door, being sure to cut out an area to access the little sliding access door. I cut the acrylic to just overlap the frame around the screen, then used little nylon "turn buttons" to secure the acrylic. This made a perfect storm door. Giving us a chance to have an outside view when we have the heat on...or when we have the air conditioning on. If we want the normal screen door, it is easy to remove either one or both the panels. The upper panel is rectangular and fits the to portion to just above the sliding door. The other panel is rectangular except for the cutout for the sliding panel.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote