Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2024, 12:06 PM   #1
Bill-n-Gina

M.O.C. #32455
Walnut Ridge RV - Buyer Beware

BUYER BEWARE

My wife and I purchased a new 2023 Montana 3231CK in March of 2023. We wanted a higher quality RV as we plan to spend a lot of our retirement time in this RV. Our sales associate Jesse is the only thing that has been positive with this purchase. If I could give a less that one star, I would.
The issues started with our PDI and are still ongoing over a year later. The so called "service department" is an absolute joke. My experience has been that the dealership co-owner in charge of the service area doesn't return emails, doesn't follow through with issues and doesn't appear to care. I have had to involve Keystone Owner Relations multiple times just to get return communication as is currently the case.
There are too many issues to list that have gotten us to this point. Virtually every repair they have completed has caused either more repairs to be needed, resulted in me fixing/completing or caused damage that will be there forever. Below is a sampling of issues we have encountered, and some are still ongoing today.
*Furnace didn't work on delivery, had to schedule for repair. Wanted me to leave it for 7-10 days before repairs would be made on a delivery issue.
*Window gasket damaged - took WR RV 4 times to get correct part, I installed.
*Rear window leaked - when repair was made inside panels don't align, blinds fell down when towing home, trim left off, valances not re-mounted correctly, sealant on outside looks like a 4-year-old did it, gouge in linoleum under couch.
*Charging unit on couch didn't work - WR RV ordered and send the incorrect one twice. I called Keystone directly and had the proper part in less than 48 hours.
*Front storage compartment housing batteries was buckling. This appears to be somewhat repaired, but some screws are stripped out. When this repair was made the battery tray wasn't remounted and there were mounting screws left under the LI batteries and the bottom of battery box - I fixed this item.
*When I went to license 3 months after purchasing, I found it had never been titled in my name by their 3rd party contractor. They told me I needed to contact their contractor to see the issue! I sternly said that wasn't happening and it was their job.
*Currently I have been waiting for over 3 weeks for parts to arrive so I can make repairs instead of WR RV making them. The last time it was in the dealership for four months and what I am waiting on now is mostly from the result of those terrible quality repairs or things just left off and discarded when they attempted to repair.
*I was told by the owner that the technician who worked on my unit was fired due to the quality of work he was doing, but I'm stuck with the messes this technician created.

This is only a small sampling of issues I have encountered, and I am still working on. I know this RV wasn't manufactured by WR RV and Keystone is the source of the quality issues. I also understand RV's are inherently poor quality, however, Keystone has approved EVERY item I have requested to be repaired. WR RV hasn't demonstrated either the ethics, ability, or quality to do anything other than sell the unit and leave you hung out to dry when warranty repairs are needed.

I urge caution to anyone thinking of purchasing an RV here. If you can't fix everything yourself, you will be very disappointed.

Bill and Gina

Bill-n-Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 04:27 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I'm assuming you are talking about Walnut Ridge RV near New Castle, Indiana just off of Highway 38? Right?

If so, they went "down hill" a few years ago when they built that new building, which is the present repair shop and parts store. The year they built that building, they took a nose dive. We purchased 2 RV from them. The first was a successful endeavor. The second was a horrible experience, especially with warranty and repairs.

I ended up taking all my repairs (that I could not do myself), to Modern Trailer in Anderson, Indiana. They did excellent service, but about a year ago they sold out to Bish RV, the same Bish RV that is in Coldwater, Michigan, the same Bish RV that sponsors many, many YouTube videos and "Josh the RV Nerd" is the spokesman.

Now, I figured Bish would do good. But we had 2 different repairs from them, hoping they'd retain the same quality as Modern Trailer did in the past, but we were disappointed. Enough said. I don't think there are any more "good" RV repair shops left!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 04:49 PM   #3
Bill-n-Gina

M.O.C. #32455
Yes, in New Castle. It’s a shame the amount of money spent and dealers don’t seem to care at all!
Old 03-23-2024, 05:38 PM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We had a really nice RV dealer but they rented the building and it was sold. The new owner needs the space and new owner needs the space to park their
wreckers so our RV dealer is out with no place to go except out of business.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 08:46 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Leave a review on google. That's one place a lot of people go for reviews of businesses.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 03:49 PM   #6
Bill-n-Gina

M.O.C. #32455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Leave a review on google. That's one place a lot of people go for reviews of businesses.
I left the same narrative on Google, Yelp and 3231CK Facebook group.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:40 PM   #7
John and Barbara
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23309
I had the same results with Lazydays in Tampa, Fl. Same workmanship only difference was i didn't get any help from Keystone. When we bought our 3121RL in 2019 I had hopes of being a model owner and maintain a perfect RV, however, Its all I can do to keep up with repairs I have to make myself. We really like the floorplan and the Montana owners are the best.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:45 PM   #8
ScottnSue
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #31539
I know it's frustrating and sad, but that seems typical of most dealers these days.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:52 PM   #9
Cdaug63

M.O.C. #30318
I bought a RL3121 at WR back in 2021 , had the same issues with service. Had to take back several times for multiple issues. And few twice that they couple repair right the 1st time. 160 mile round trip each time. Ended up fixing small things myself.. no sense of urgency of repairs and poor quality of work there.
Cdaug63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 04:27 PM   #10
gen3rbc

M.O.C. #22552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Gina View Post
BUYER BEWARE

My wife and I purchased a new 2023 Montana 3231CK in March of 2023. We wanted a higher quality RV as we plan to spend a lot of our retirement time in this RV. Our sales associate Jesse is the only thing that has been positive with this purchase. If I could give a less that one star, I would.
The issues started with our PDI and are still ongoing over a year later. The so called "service department" is an absolute joke. My experience has been that the dealership co-owner in charge of the service area doesn't return emails, doesn't follow through with issues and doesn't appear to care. I have had to involve Keystone Owner Relations multiple times just to get return communication as is currently the case.
There are too many issues to list that have gotten us to this point. Virtually every repair they have completed has caused either more repairs to be needed, resulted in me fixing/completing or caused damage that will be there forever. Below is a sampling of issues we have encountered, and some are still ongoing today.
*Furnace didn't work on delivery, had to schedule for repair. Wanted me to leave it for 7-10 days before repairs would be made on a delivery issue.
*Window gasket damaged - took WR RV 4 times to get correct part, I installed.
*Rear window leaked - when repair was made inside panels don't align, blinds fell down when towing home, trim left off, valances not re-mounted correctly, sealant on outside looks like a 4-year-old did it, gouge in linoleum under couch.
*Charging unit on couch didn't work - WR RV ordered and send the incorrect one twice. I called Keystone directly and had the proper part in less than 48 hours.
*Front storage compartment housing batteries was buckling. This appears to be somewhat repaired, but some screws are stripped out. When this repair was made the battery tray wasn't remounted and there were mounting screws left under the LI batteries and the bottom of battery box - I fixed this item.
*When I went to license 3 months after purchasing, I found it had never been titled in my name by their 3rd party contractor. They told me I needed to contact their contractor to see the issue! I sternly said that wasn't happening and it was their job.
*Currently I have been waiting for over 3 weeks for parts to arrive so I can make repairs instead of WR RV making them. The last time it was in the dealership for four months and what I am waiting on now is mostly from the result of those terrible quality repairs or things just left off and discarded when they attempted to repair.
*I was told by the owner that the technician who worked on my unit was fired due to the quality of work he was doing, but I'm stuck with the messes this technician created.

This is only a small sampling of issues I have encountered, and I am still working on. I know this RV wasn't manufactured by WR RV and Keystone is the source of the quality issues. I also understand RV's are inherently poor quality, however, Keystone has approved EVERY item I have requested to be repaired. WR RV hasn't demonstrated either the ethics, ability, or quality to do anything other than sell the unit and leave you hung out to dry when warranty repairs are needed.

I urge caution to anyone thinking of purchasing an RV here. If you can't fix everything yourself, you will be very disappointed.

Bill and Gina
We have bought 2 fivers (one a Montana) from Beckleys RV in Thurmont, MD. and have always been satisfied with their service dept. Great people to work with!
gen3rbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 04:30 PM   #11
gen3rbc

M.O.C. #22552
Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen3rbc View Post
We have bought 2 fivers (one a Montana) from Beckleys RV in Thurmont, MD. and have always been satisfied with their service dept. Great people to work with!
Good quality work and an excellent sales staff!
gen3rbc is offline   Reply With Quote