Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Electrical issue

Yesterday went out to do some work on it for a new satellite receiver . Its parked next to the house. No power to the TV , or the 110 lights in the rear. Everything else okay, microwave ,bedroom outlets lights etc. No breakers blown ,GFI seemed okay, they don't seem to react with no power, as far as resetting.

Had the right living room slide out far enough to just get past the dining table to get to the rear. So I was at a loss, decided to pull the other three slide outs out, as the kitchen slide out was going out the light over the dining table started to flicker off, and on, then stayed on when it was all the way out. So I played with that slide out, and the power went off again, but this time I couldn't get it to come back on moving the kitchen slide. Went out this morning tried the power to see if it was still out, and that circuit had power. Did nothing in-between leaving it yesterday ,and trying it this morning ,didn't touch the slide outs or move anything . So I moved that kitchen slide back ,and forth ,and no problem. Its a bit of mystery. I have to guess its a grounding issue , if it was a short or a frayed wire wouldn't it just blow the breaker ?? Anyone have any thoughts about this. Or where to start looking for a problem.

Had this happen one other time while we were camping, and then it just started working again. Did a six week trip after that , and no issues. Hasn't been anywhere since the first of last August.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote