Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Amazing Video by a 15 year old.

This will be my last post on this subject, please forgive me for being so gabby. Watch this video please.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:49 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Old GI,
It does not bother me at all. These young people are the reasons we can post this, move around freely with our Monty's and live in this wonderful land. I know what it is like to be "spit upon" when returning from a military conflict (Viet Nam). They deserve all the recognition they can get. If this was a pole I would say keep it up.
SEMPER FI,
MSGT H. John K. Retired/USMC
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Thank you Old GI, I too say keep it up. Many people don't know the price of Freedom. I thank every vetran for their service, wheather at war,or peacetime. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
Jim Dickey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7372
Old GI, no keep up the good work. We all need to remember and thank all members of our military.

Jim Dickey
1SG USAR (Ret)
Jim Dickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
That was very moving. I work at a government contractor and that helps me appreciate how important what we do really is. Thanks Old GI.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Old GI,

Thank you for the posts, and please don't stop. My little brother is one of those soldiers, apart from family and friends, in a strange land, fighting for the very things they are missing out on. The things a lot of us tend to take for granted, our freedoms. I think of him, and all the others every day, and I thank God for them.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
That was moving.
I am a Vietnam-era vet but never made it to Nam. Instead I was a member of an honor guard that pulled details for those who came home under a flag.
Although not an overseas vet, I was VERY directly affected by the loss of so many lives. I remember being so choked up I could barely present the flag to the family member. No matter how many times or for whom, it was always a taxing experience.
At times I was glad it wasn't me and at other times I wished it had been.
That film brought back a lot of those feelings.
Thanks.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I, too, was a Viet Nam era vet that never made it over there (AF 66-86) (wife from 68-94). We couldn't be prouder of our military today and these reminders only reinforce our feelings. Don't ever give up the praise.......Thanks to all who have served and those that are serving today. And let's not ever forget those that never came back....AND praise the families that perservere....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:16 AM   #9
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Incredible film. Thanks
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:35 AM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Larry,
Your duty was tougher than mine and I spent time in Vietnam. Thank you.

Old GI,
Thank you for posting the link. It helps us remember them.

To all that have served, whether in conflict or peace, whether in battle or not in battle. THANK YOU FOR SERVING.

SEMPER FI!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #11
osubeaver76
Established Member

M.O.C. #6475
Old GI (Pete). Bless you for bringing this video to our attention, and bless Lizzie Palmer as well for making it. I don't recall being spat upon or receiving any insulting remarks upon my return from SE Asia in 1966 (probably too early for the anti-war agitators to get going and it was Christmas day as well) but I know of many who did. On a more recent note, my son recently returned safely from a year in Central Iraq and fully expects to be sent back in a year or so. I had no concerns going into a war zone myself but it was one of the hardest things I ever did to keep up a good front for a final dinner with him the day he shipped out from Baltimore MD. So, from one "old GI" to another, thanks for helping us remember the sacrifices being made every day by our uniformed servicemen and servicewomen.
osubeaver76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #12
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Old GI, Thanks for posting this. As Larry said it brings back a lot of old memories (in my case from Nam). I had seen this before and though our represenitives in Washington should see it. I forward the link to my Oregon represenitives. Got no response from them. Weather I agree with the actions being taken or not, I support our troups 100% and whis then all GOD's speed.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
"forgive me for being so gabby". If this is "GABBY" than so be it.
From one Ole GI to another I say keep doing what you're doing. Our men and women overseas and here at home need all the support we can muster. I feel the Vietnam Vets were more scorned than honored but that is in the past. I believe very deeply that no matter how we may feel about the situation overseas we can NEVER AGAIN treat our returning HEROs in such a fashion.
It is all our Ole GI HEROs and our current day HEROs that served or are serving, in peace time or at war, home or abroad, that have made this the GREATEST COUNTRY in the WORLD. WE MUST SHOW THEM OUR SUPPORT AND GRATITUDE!!!!!

I have the following graphic within my signature...

If anyone else also wants to show their support and display the above graphic here is the tag you will need....
[img]http://www.montanaowners.com/attachments/photobucket/img_234202_0_4d5ce1c450fa56b55472a916ff3d6f6a.jpg[/img]

Just Copy it and Paste it into your signature block.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #14
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
That video tears me up every time I see it. It reminds us all that "Freedom" isn't free.

I was a 17 yoa brand new private in 1971. I remember we couldn't go anywhere off post unless there were at least two of us in a group. When we left Ft. Lewis,Wa after basic training I heard the taunts and slurs while travelling from SeaTac airport to Chicago. It was at about that time the military decided that the service members did not have to travel in uniform. Unfortunately, our short hair was a dead giveaway.

I proudly served this country for over 22 years in the U.S. Army. 14 years active duty and 8 years in the reserve. I thank God every day that I live in a country where we have the freedoms we have here, and I silently thank all of the young men and women who have sacrificed their lives in all of the wars, past and present, in order to preserve our way of life.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #15
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Awesome - thanks for sharing!
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #16
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Old GI,

Thank you for the video!!

Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Awesome! My son served in the Gulf during this war and then on the DMZ in Korea.

Mind if I borrow this...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:45 AM   #18
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I'm also and old retired Sergeant Major drafted and served 26 years and 22 days. My school trip was to Vietnam 67/68. I dreamed about getting back to Tennessee. What a shock when I got to California, I was so disappointed in our reception upon returning. I couldn't believe what was happening. Those Sick WACKO's at the San Francisco Airport didn't have a clue what we had gone thru during our time in Vietnam. The way we were treated was nothing but sickening, I have never forgotten. And to this very day each Military person male/female we thank them for their service to our Country. And Delaine and me have paid for several meals during our travels while we were full timing. We can never repay them for all they have giving and are still giving... The cost of Freedom is extreme and has taken a lot of Blood and courage.

Lizzie Palmer its people like you that make are Military proud.. and proud of you. God Bless you............ We LOVE you....

This has been a very emotional... Yes grown men do cry....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote