Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Can't Wait for 2 Week Trip

I am SUPER excited! We leave this Friday, May 31st for Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone National Park. Then we are off to Grizzly RV Park, Missoula, West Glacier KOA, and Bozeman!!! I have not scheduled a darn thing! I want to just sit back, relax, and go where the mood takes us. My son, age 7, has itinerary planned:

1. Have a picnic at the lake
2. Shop in the gift shop (he loves stuffed animals much to his mother's chagrin)
3. See the museum in Mammoth Hot Springs
4. Hike
5. Find dinosaur fossils
6. Go geocaching (and hide his new Critter Cache that Ozz sent him)

Mom's itinerary
1. Sleep in
2. Sit in her new rocker recliner and play ukulele
3. Nap
4. Go for a tiny hike...preferably to the coffee shop
5. Bird watch from my recliner

So it will be interesting to see who's itinerary takes precedence! I actually wouldn't mind doing some of his itinerary it is just right now a nice long relaxation period sounds really good!

If anyone is in the area look us up! We love to be stalked!

BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sounds like a great trip no matter what how the itineraries work out. Have a great time.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Thanks Dick! We are definitely looking forward to it! The other good thing is that all of the destinations are fairly close together so we won't be doing a bunch of driving in one day. YEAH!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Busy Carol, your list is like my list, except that on my list #2 says "dulcimer" rather than ukelele!

You are headed to my favorite vacation spot in the US, Yellowstone National Park. You're also going early enough that you'll miss a lot of the huge crowds that hit the place beginning in mid-June. Have a wonderful trip!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Thanks Carolyn!!! My grandmother used to play a 'hammer dulcimer' I remember correctly. They are such beautiful instruments. I like the ukulele because it only has 4 strings. I am not very good yet but enjoy plunking around on it just the same. I love YNP too! We usually go end of May and end of August to Labor Day to avoid the crowds, the heat, and the mosquitoes

Love the parrot wind spinner! We have the dragon!