Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mroe View Post
We had ours ceramic coated. I'm sure there our dealers in your town. To keep clean, you just use they maintenance spray on a rag and wipe the RV clean, mud and all. It does not scratch the finish. Had my truck done as well. I just love it. Here in Phoenix we used Bob Moses Ceramic coating business. I would use a company that uses the same product as his. He uses Sensha shine.

What did it cost for the ceramic coating for the camper?
We had our suv a Ford Escape done 6 year for $600 and my truck 9 year for $900.
Is it worth it? Don’t know yet I’ll let you know in a few years. But it does wash easily.
Lynwood

mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #22
Mroe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23577
It was about $1000 to have our 34' 5th wheel done. Cost depends on type of coating they use and set applier's price, but we think well worth it, The bugs come right off with the spray and little effort. You can wash it but they recommend their type wash solution and using lambs wool to do it. Ours has had it for a year and a half, and still looks great and is easy to clean. The spray on solution you put on a rag to use has lasted over a year. about to buy some more. Not cheap stuff, but again, still worth it to us.
Mroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:34 AM   #23
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
It was about $1000 to have our 34' 5th wheel done. Cost depends on type of coating they use and set applier's price, but we think well worth it, The bugs come right off with the spray and little effort. You can wash it but they recommend their type wash solution and using lambs wool to do it. Ours has had it for a year and a half, and still looks great and is easy to clean. The spray on solution you put on a rag to use has lasted over a year. about to buy some more. Not cheap stuff, but again, still worth it to us.

Thanks
The shop that did me vehicles has 3 prices, 3, 6 and a nine year price. But if you are going to wax your camper or truck it’s probably worth it. I never wax my vehicles. My 2008 F250 still looks like new when I wash it once a year.
Lynwood
Old 05-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #24
DanC
Established Member

M.O.C. #27172
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCmontana View Post
We purchased our RV last year. A 3931fb, and I like to keep it looking good. What does the group recommend for washing and waxing the unit.

All suggestions welcomed

Thanks

Mark
We had a ceramic coating put on when we were in Mesa AZ. Only needs to be recoated every 3 yrs...cost for wash and the ceramic coating depends on length..Ours was cost about 300.00.....but well worth it.....
DanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:40 PM   #25
Rod Spohn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24052
Quote:
That seems to be a great price. If all things are equal - I was told $2400 at another place here in the Phoenix area. That was out of my range. You mentioned "Cost depends on type of coating they use" Are saying you went for the best - mid range ? what? Just curious to know before I contact them.
Rod Spohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:42 PM   #26
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Spohn View Post
That seems to be a great price. If all things are equal - I was told $2400 at another place here in the Phoenix area. That was out of my range. You mentioned "Cost depends on type of coating they use" Are saying you went for the best - mid range ? what? Just curious to know before I contact them.
Ceramic coating prices for just the ceramic coating range from $15 to over $250 for 50 ML. The more it cost the more durable it is and the longer it will last. I don’t think it’s hard to apply but is hard to apply properly.
Do your research. Go to several shops that apply it and online.
Lynwood
Old 05-25-2021, 04:54 AM   #27
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
I wax my RV once a year using Meguires Cleaner Wax. BTW, Dawn will remove your wax.

Agree that wax is nice. and i also add the turtle wax ceramic coating after. 7 years full time Florida sun. still looks good.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:06 AM   #28
Reset19
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23160
Aerolon Tech Shine. Extremely easy to apply.
Old 05-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #29
Dalder
Established Member

M.O.C. #22957
Thanks for the advice. I am going to look into all of this. I was told by another detailed that they use a ceramic spray polish but don’t recall the brand.

What pad do you use on the buffer?
Dalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #30
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalder View Post
Thanks for the advice. I am going to look into all of this. I was told by another detailed that they use a ceramic spray polish but don’t recall the brand.

What pad do you use on the buffer?
Go to Autogeek.com. They have all the products you might need. Including application and polishing pads.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #31
Mroe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23577
The product they used was Shensa applied by Bob Moses in Phoenix
Mroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:59 AM   #32
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelff View Post
Go to Autogeek.com. They have all the products you might need. Including application and polishing pads.
That is the site I go to for all my products. Great info there...
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote