Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
Big Dave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13075
Extended Warranty

I know there has been a lot od discussion on here before about extended warranties, and I have looking for a couple months now.

I should have bought one when I purchased my trailer and did not, but hind sight is always better than for site. Several companies will only sell there warranties to you at time of purchase, Good Sam seems like a good extended warranty, but they are more expensive and have a higher deductible.

So now getting to my question, have any of you heard of,
Wholesale Warranties they offer an extended warranty through a company called "Cornerstone" for an Extended Service Contract.

Pease let me know of any good or bad from these companies.
Thanks

Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I know of several people who have had good luck with Good Sam. Never heard of the other company.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
We have ours through Wholesale Warranty (Cornerstone). Fortunately we have not had to use the warranty. I did call them about one minor issue and received an answer right away and was guaranteed it was covered. We found another resolution to our issue and didn't need to get them involved after all. Just keep in mind, they will only cover an issue submitted through a service provider, I was told.
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
Big Dave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13075
Dick,
Thanks for your response about Good Sam, I have been leaning towards them but they are one of the more expensive ones out there.

Ron,
Thanks for the info on "Cornerstone"
That is very interesting if they will only cover items submitted through a service provider, it makes me worry a little about getting work done and so on. We have a mobile repair service in our area, but he won't deal with insurance companies, he requires the customer do all that.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Hey Dave,

We have Good Sam too, but haven't had to use it. Regarding price, we were able to "haggle", and got it down - might try that.

We have the same trucks and trailers. We have a very early 2013 3750FL. They didn't offer the full-time or the paramount packages when we ordered. Those are some really nice upgrades!

Happy Camping!

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
Big Dave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13075
Thanks Greg;
I will try to haggle with Good Sam, I never thought of that!

Wow, both of us have the same year, same make, trucks and trailers and we both live in Washington State, now that is funny.
Thanks
Dave

Old 09-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Wholesale warranties is a Insurance broker like any other insurance agent. They sell many kind kinds of Insurance. We purchased our first warranty from Wholesale warranties but it was really a RV shield policy. We now have the Good Sam policy on our new unit as it had the same coverage and for a shorter time as we did not want another 7 year policy.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
We had Cornerstone on our last RV. We had one claim and it was handled and the service was great. We traded in that RV and purchased our new RV with a new company. We sent our former dealer and Cornerstone a letter certifying the sale of our RV and the promptly sent a refund for the used portion of the warranty. A totally positive experience. Good luck
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
tomd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5075
You can check with Howard Payne. Howard and Linda Payne have a journal called rv-dreams. He's also a Rep. For extended warranties.
tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
Big Dave
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13075
Sorry but I do not know Howard Payne, can you please tell me how to contact him.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Big Dave

Sorry but I do not know Howard Payne, can you please tell me how to contact him.
Thanks
Only know a little about them, but here is their website. They do seminars on full-timing.

http://www.rv-dreams.com/
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I am sold on Good Sam's. I would ask the repair center you plan to utilize before I bought anything. The place I use recommended Route 66. Since then the manager told me they get paid faster and have fewer issues with Good Sam's! I got $1250 repair done weeks after original warranty went out. In addition my alignment facility and so far all facilities I use on my travels accept Good Sam. I have nearly had 100% return on my original premium with three years remaining.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote