Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
3750FL Owners - L-shaped sofa

Just curious. Did any of you order yours with a second normal sofa in place of the l-shaped sofa? To me, the l-shaped one sort of closes off the living room and makes that corner pretty cramped. I am considering the normal sofa and wondering if anyone wishes they had gotten it, to open up the living room a bit more.

Thanks for any input!

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
kylec2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10688
We kept the L-shaped sofa and find it is a great place to snuggle. We bought an ottomon that matches the sofa height; the daughter pushes it against the L-shaped couch and sleeps there rather than make out the hide-a-bed.
kylec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Deleted for second sofa bed. Grandkids and daughter go a lot. Last weekend 3 grandkids, daughter, DW and I, and the 2 furry. Plenty of room. For the times its just DW and I, we purchased a Lazyboy that R its perfectly where the L shaped seat would be. A lot more comfortable (I sat on the L seat at the Hershey, Pa show) and I can sleep on it on the nights my sinuses will not allow me to lie flat.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Kyke and Keith for the comments. Now that you mention Lazyboy, I wish they offered a furniture delete option so I could just put a couple of recliners right in the slide...
Old 03-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
There is one thing to consider regarding deleting one of the sofas on the slide. The slides have an elevated platform that the sofa sits on. The sofas have a false front at the bottom. I think the platform is about 6 inches high but it may be a little shorter, I cannot remember exactly. The platform would have to be a point of consideration regarding placing recliners, etc. in the slide.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

There is one thing to consider regarding deleting one of the sofas on the slide. The slides have an elevated platform that the sofa sits on. The sofas have a false front at the bottom. I think the platform is about 6 inches high but it may be a little shorter, I cannot remember exactly. The platform would have to be a point of consideration regarding placing recliners, etc. in the slide.
Bingo
Thanks Bingo, I didn't realize that they had a platform. I thought they were "whole" pieces of furniture.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #7
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
There is definitely a platform, perhaps 4", plus there are wires under there as well. I prefer the L shaped couch, because I can tuck myself in the corner and face the TV straight on. We purchased three end tables that are offered in the other Montana models (matched the hickory) and put two in the Man Cave and one in the bedroom that fits under the bed during travel.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Hi Greg and Kris. We were over at Curtis trailers the other day (NO, not buying a new one) just killing time. Checked out a Mountaineer with basically the same floor plan as the 3750. The differences were.....no outside door into the bathroom, and they had the arrangement you would like to do, with just two sofas on the slides, and a swivel recliner where the "L" part of the sofa would have been.

Any word on what's happening with your 3750 situation?
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #9
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TAKPAK

Hi Greg and Kris. We were over at Curtis trailers the other day (NO, not buying a new one) just killing time. Checked out a Mountaineer with basically the same floor plan as the 3750. The differences were.....no outside door into the bathroom, and they had the arrangement you would like to do, with just two sofas on the slides, and a swivel recliner where the "L" part of the sofa would have been.

Hi Terry,

Yes we actually saw that one too at the eastside location. Really like the larger kitchen slide on it, but not the loss of the second door into the bathroom from outside. Do like the living room setup with the two regular sofas and the recliner.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #10
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
That chair in the Mountaineer looks like it is for a midget (sorry vertically challenged individual). Is this the case or is the sofa less deep?
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Joe

We purchased three end tables that are offered in the other Montana models (matched the hickory) and put two in the Man Cave and one in the bedroom that fits under the bed during travel.
That was a great idea, never thought of ordering pieces available in another model - learning all the time!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Joe

That chair in the Mountaineer looks like it is for a midget (sorry vertically challenged individual). Is this the case or is the sofa less deep?
From what I remember it is like a Euro-recliner and didn't look too bad actaully.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
dejama
Established Member

M.O.C. #6250
We opted to get the second couch and do away with the L couch. Have wondered about putting recliners instead of the couch but so far we are doing well with what we have. We bought 4 storage cubed from Walmart. The lid flips to have a table for drinks or snacks. Works out great
dejama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #14
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dejama

We opted to get the second couch and do away with the L couch. Have wondered about putting recliners instead of the couch but so far we are doing well with what we have. We bought 4 storage cubed from Walmart. The lid flips to have a table for drinks or snacks. Works out great
Hi dejama,

from above it sounds like there is a platform and wires under the couches so the recliners probably won't work - I had hoped to do that too but guess not. Good idea on the cubes, I had seen some of those too and thought they would be good for storage and tables. We went ahead and ordered the regular couch in place of the L-shaped one. Just liked the way it felt more open with the regular couch.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:48 PM   #15
awaldrup

M.O.C. #21250
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahunter View Post
Just curious. Did any of you order yours with a second normal sofa in place of the l-shaped sofa? To me, the l-shaped one sort of closes off the living room and makes that corner pretty cramped. I am considering the normal sofa and wondering if anyone wishes they had gotten it, to open up the living room a bit more.

Thanks for any input!
I hate my l shaped sofa. The l shape won't stay on and I am constantly trying to put it back in position.
awaldrup is offline   Reply With Quote