Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thank you for......

...................Your prayers. I talked to my brother yesterday afternoon. He is verbal, has good motor control, and may be discharged soon. He is walking too well to need any rehab work. The blockage is up in the big bundle of vessels at the neck. It will remain blocked and the treatment is to allow the vessels around that area undergo compensatory development or re-route the blood supply. No shunt or stint or surgery needed.

I want to pass along some info for whatever it is worth. My brother does not smoke, drink, or use drugs and never has. He works out 5 days a week (which probably saved his life). When the doctor(s) completed the testing, the neurologist came in to discuss the problem. She said, "Mr. Watson, you drink a lot of diet soda, don't you?" Answer, "Yes, about a 6-pac of Diet Coke a day." Doctor, "That has contributed to the problems you are experiencing. I came to that conclusion because there seem to be no other causal factors."

The she said, "You pop or crack your neck a lot don't you?" Answer, "Yes, it makes it feel better." Doctor, "That has contributed to to aneurysm in your neck. When you do that on a regular basis, it weakens the vessels in the vicinity of the area popped."

She further stated the these factors didn't necessarily cause the event but that there is a high correlation between then and his issue, especially since he had no cholesterol or High blood-pressure problems along with the good lifestyle habits.

I am not advocating anything here, just reporting. Thank you all for your prayers. Death came very near, and Vic is grateful to be alive and attributes his outcome to the prayer support of many along with the skills of attending helpers. He feels very humbled by the concern of so many.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I’ve seen several requests for prayer on this forum. I’m very glad there are people who care and are concerned and are responding; especially when we really don’t know each other except through the forum. I also see a positive response for the good in many of the different situations that have been posted. Glad to hear your brother is doing well!
PTL
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Stiles....Im glad to hear that your brother is getting better.
Hum diet coke, It dont sound like it's that good for you does it, I will bet he stop drinkikg that stuff now, I sure would. we will be still praying for him and all others that are having problems.
Don
Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
It's such good news....He hears our prayers! D
Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Stiles,
It is great to learn that your brother is doing so well. Thank you for the update.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Good to hear Stiles, that brother Vic is healing so well.

Interesting on the coke and neck snapping. Ya learn the most interesting things here on the MOC.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Glad to hear he is doing so much better. Prayer does work! Also, I'm glad my DH and I cut way down on diet coke some time ago and now drink mainly water.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Life sometimes does not appear to be far, all we can do is keep our faith, enjoy today and care for our neighbor...God Bless
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #9
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Stiles -
Thanks for the update. Glad your brother is doing better. And also thanks for the update. I gave up diet coke and coffee for lent and I am feeling better as a result. I do miss my coffee in the morning more than the soda.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Glad to hear your brother is doing much better, prayers are still with him. Tell your brother good luck from Dave & Linda
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote