Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Haunted Campgrounds

I am plagerizing another forum on this subject, but I really dont want to do much in that one...this is a tongue in cheek question really.... I mentioned the title to DW and she jumps up "LETS GO THERE""......She can go, I will wait up the road in a motel or in the truck or whatever... Im not going there and thats final....anyway..................
1...What would you do??..................Me...NOTHING
2.. Would you even go??..................... NOOOOO!
3.. Would you sleep at night??........... NOT A WINK
4.. Is there such thing as ghosts......... YES!!!!!
5.. Who would believe you anyway.......... I WOULD

Any stories???

Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Back in my youth the family went camping at Vallacitos lake, Colorado (hope I spelled that correctly). Anyway, I remember my Dad telling stories -- he had a way he could do owl hoots and other sounds cupping his hands and blowing through them. In any case, he told some stories this one night. After we had all gone to bed, we heard this 'mournful cry' and then a screech. Well, my Mom was up and out of that tent in a flash, my Dad following her trying to calm her down. Next thing we knew my Dad came in laughing so hard -- said Mom was sleeping in the car and we would be going home in the morning. Never knew what made the sound (Dad was also asleep in the tent and was woken up by it) but that is the last time I remember him, or any one, telling stories at our campfires. We camped there again for years afterwards and I don't recall ever hearing that (those) sounds again. Later my Mom did talk about it at a family gathering -- said it was 'Los LLaronas' (pronounced yar oh nus) as best I recall. Said where she was raised it was the witches (cryers) callling for those dying.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote