Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
John Young
Established Member

M.O.C. #5585
Visit scheduled for this weekend..

Just had a call from our dealer today.. the unit is in!!!

now... I just do not have time to pick it up for about 2 weeks.. heavens!

So, we have a few hours open on Saturday as I head to my dance.. so we will all go to the dealer, visit the new unit, then I will head off to work and Lori will take the children back home..

Are we weird for going for a visit??

John Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
John,

No, but it's going to be hard to leave after your "visit"! "

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Not weird at all. Our 3400 came in the 24th of April. I am going to the dealer to visit it tomorrow and we will do the PDI and pick it up the 3rd of May.Helen and I could not get the same day off till the 3rd of May...Not weird at all...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
If I couldn't take it with me that day, I'd camp right there in the parking lot with my sleeping bag until that "DAY" came. I worked WAY too hard for WAY too long on this, and took WAY too many years off my life to take my eyes off that beauty now!!!

Sorry... JMHO...

*Someday I may share my story (or most of it anyway) here of what I had to fight through to get Cheryl's and my dream. A couple of you know, and you have been with me from the start. I am VERY grateful for your support that went above and beyond. You know who you are... Like I said above - not a bad night for sleeping under the stars anyway...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:30 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Congratulations !! While visiting, you may want to drop a list of concerns so the dealer can check them for you prior to your PDI - those things mentioned as potential factory oopses.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:39 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We visited our several times. Measuring, looking a colors, etc. Not weird. If you were buying a house, you would do the same and this is a home - it is just on wheels.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:45 AM   #7
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
John, That's not wierd at all, but it is going to be hard! We picked ours up on a Sat AM, went on it's maiden voyage over the weekend & dropped it back off at the dealers on the way home (3 hrs from our house) so they could check a few things out. We couldn't go get it until the following Sat!! Now the part that WAS wierd was acting like we did missing it soo much!! But I would rather miss it than the suspence of knowing it's there and NOT even going to introduce yourselves!! We took lots of pictures to look at until we got her back home safely. Go for it!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Not weird at all, visiting is just half the fun of picking up your new coach. Spend as much time as you want it in, get comfortable with it. This will make your PDI go much smoother as you can focus on the PDI and not trying to enjoy the coach so much.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
John Young
Established Member

M.O.C. #5585
Well.. it was raining all weekend and I could not bring myself to go down and make it muddy and messy already...

Our boys are bouncing off the walls to get down there and pick it up.. it might be an ugly scene as the boys and I throw a fit at the dealer when we want to bring it home and Lori had to be the voice of reason and remind us that we are not ready for the unit at home yet...

oh well.. visit scheduled for Wednesday...

John Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:05 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, John! I don't find visiting weird at all. You are thinking about where to put things, need to know measurements to find if something will fit, etc. Plus, just being there and enjoying it. That two weeks will probably drag but I hope they go quickly for you. I remember well the excitement. Just noticed the date of your post. You're almost through that two weeks by now!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote