Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Where is Countryguy????

It's not like Carol and Al not to be posting, hope nothing is wrong??? Hopefully they are on their way to Texas and don't have a connection.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Glenn ... I realized the same thing this morning (two great minds!) and sent her an email. Hopefully, you're right and they're on the road.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yes (two great minds!) I was also going to send an email but mine has been down for nearly a week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
I have sent a PM to them also, and have not heard anything yet. It is not like Carol to not be on the fourm. Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:20 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I think they said in their last post they were on their way to Texas. Maybe they don't have connections but it is strange. The last time she emailed me they were on a real slow connection and she had to hurry.
Happy trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #6
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I have had a few e-mails from Carol, they are on a fall vacation trip. I don't know where, but apparently somewhere cold, because she mentioned the "s"-word. I'm sure we will hear from them as usual once they get back home.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 PM   #7
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
John & Donna, Thanks for telling us where they are!!!!!!Once they leave the "S" they will be ready for the warmth of the RGV. Safe travels Marge
Old 11-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Has anyone heard anything more from this fine couple? Although, we don't know them, we have always enjoyed reading their postings.

Al and Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hi guys,

Yes, we have been missing in action for a bit. Since some of you have asked, and since I have always been known to be pretty out there, here are a few of the reasons:

1.) We were fall camping and did have cell phone coverage, but it was so weak and slow that I just gave up trying to log on and mess with anything more than the absolutely necessary email, which was email from family and clients.

2.) Needed a break. There were some things said and some attitudes that did not sit well with ole Carol. MOC is my escape from the details of my work, which is ALL details. MOC is supposed to be fun for me. Sometime this fall it ceased to be fun. Rather than make remarks on the forum that would either be edited, deleted or make me look like a silly ole lady, I went away.

3.) I have had 4 very sick yorkies. Since about mid July they have all been sick, luckily, not all 4 at once, but did have 3 down at once, and it was ugly. I had to do a lot of cleaning, and I thought I was going to lose 2 of them. My big gal, Tilly, who has NEVER EVER missed a meal did not eat for almost 5 days. What ever they have, keeps morfing and coming back. I am still fighting it.

4.) My professional, volunteer and personal research all had some projects that need to be done 6 months ago. I needed to be able to concentrate 1000% on those projects and due to situation discussed in number 2 above, I felt that the MOC and the angst were not helpful in getting to the end of the projects.

5.) Had a number of family things to do, like see the twins for the first time in over 3 months, and take them on their first “camping” trip. Had to see my brother, got to see my nephew in his last high school band competition, something very special for me.

6.) Various other “life” things, winterizing Montana and the yard and stuff. Had to send the laptop off for repairs, before which had to back up all data and stuff, backing up took 2 full days.

Anyway, we will be in and out a lot for a while, there are still some of the above issues that have not been fully addressed and sadly, Al’s mother has another health issue that must be dealt with NOW.

Cheers for now,

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #10
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Carol,

It's great to see you again, and even though I'm new I kept wondering what happened to you guys, although I couldn't remember your name I just always remember you posting and your picture. When I saw Glenn ask about you I knew exactly who he was talking about, then!

For what it's worth I, and apparently WE miss you so don't stay away, we all want you back. I hope all your other problems work out for you as well.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Had Lorraine and I concerned as to where you got to.

Very happy to see you back.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #12
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks Mac and Glenn and Lorraine,

Appreciate the nice thoughts and words.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:22 PM   #13
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Glad to see you back --- hope Al's Mom is okay. Sorry to hear about the Yorkies --- they are so cute . We often think about the fun we had when we visited with you in Texas last year - sure hope we get to meet up again. Know what you mean about spending time with the Grandbabies --- we just spent three weeks in England with our Granddaughter and are looking forward to Spring in British Columbia where our two grandsons live.

Keep well & keep smiling. Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM   #14
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Good to see you back and hope things will be brighter in the future. We've had one or two dogs all are married life (41 years) and understand how they are like your kids. Hope they are all better really soon.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Carol
I said this in another post and I'll say again, good to have you back. Sorry to hear about your babies. Hope they all get well. I know what a hassle it was when we had one sick dog, I can't imagine having 4. And I agree with you on the change of the tone of the MOC. Our prayers will be with you and Al concerning his Mother. Don't stay away to long.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #16
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Carol, Glad to have you back, you were missed. Take care of your "babies" Hope that Al's mother is doing better. Safe travels Marge
Old 11-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #17
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
CountryGuy,
Good to see you posting again. But so sorry to hear about your sick puppies. I do hope they recover soon. We know all about sick puppies. We almost lost our little guy twice in the past 4 months. He went from Cushing's Disease to Addison's Disease in that short period of time. We were within hours of losing him a couple of times. Thank goodness we got in in time and the doctors got the meds correct and he is now back to his rambunctious self.

Sorry to hear of Al's mother's problems too. We have been dealing with those types of things for several years now. While we were at the Reno Rally my Step Dad died. We did manage to get back into town just before he died. But this sort of thing will keep you on pins and needles. I hope his mother stabilizes with her health conditions soon.

Anyway ------ welcome back.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:10 AM   #18
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Thanks for the update Carol. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this stressful time. Close your eyes, take three deep breaths and think about the valley and the stess relieving fun we will be havin' in January. In the meantime, put your arms around yourself and give yourself a big hug from me!!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:26 AM   #19
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I hope everything works out for you and the yorkies. We had 2 sick dogs last Thanksgiving and had to put the small one down. It hurts and I understand what you are going through with them... Hope they get well and stay well soon... You are right about taking a break from the rat race...As soon as our youngest graduates (May2006) we plan to take an extended unplugged vacation. My wife and I have been planning it for years.

Take care and safe travels.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:50 AM   #20
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Hi, Al and Carol. So glad to see you posting again, at least for a little while. We missed your valuable contributions to the forum. And we're looking forward to meeting you in the valley.

Hope those bumps in the road get a little smoother soon, especially the BIG ones.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote