Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2014, 03:58 AM   #1
halfwright
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12992
source for decals

My 2007 Mountaineer had the dreaded Montana decal rot. I have got most of them off and will remove them all. I have been able to get the shadow less visible by buffing a large area and blending in the shadow.

I have not been able to find a good source for decals. The well-known online auction site has some, but they seem over-priced and limited. I really do not want to go back with the swoops and swirls, but would prefer something different, such as mountain or wildlife scenes. I will put "Montana" on the front and rear because I am proud that I own one. I am also going to put 3x5 inch state flag decals from all the visited states on the right storage door. Anyone have any other ideas for decals? I am going to have a large blank canvas to work on, and, while I do not want to get too wild, I would like something unique.

halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Do you not have a graphics shop in your area. Most graphic shops have a wide variety of graphics.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:15 AM   #3
halfwright
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12992
Good idea. I will look, but we are in West Virginia near Huntington. It is not a large city, but maybe something is out there.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
My graphics on my '07 Montana have really started to peel this year. I stopped by a graphics shop a week or so ago. They said if I brought it by they could take a picture of the graphics and reproduce and replace them for about $440 plus time for removing the old graphics.

Since you have already removed your old ones that is not an option. But if you wanted to put the same graphics back on, maybe someone with the same graphics (that are still good) could take a high resolution picture of theirs and forward it to you for a graphics shop to use.

And if you truly want something different, I got the impression they could put just about any kind of scene on there.

Edit: I should have said the $440 was to replace the front graphics only. Those are the only ones peeling on mine.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #5
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
I took photos of my 2006 a year ago and went to a local graphics shop. They could do everything. The cost if I remember was about $1600--not including the front. But the graphics would only last about 5 years before they go south. I decided to wait and just trim off the peeling. So far it is working out. The local Montana dealer would do it for $1800.
If I get serious, I am going to a auto trim shop and see what a custom paint job might be. I would expect it to be about $3000. Something to play with.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Many graphic shops have many designs in the computer so they do not have to do the design work and it reduces the cost. Mountain scenes are common.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote