Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Absoutely hilarious

So you think you know everything about camping in the woods
Everyone at one time or another has been out camping in the woods and had the call of mother nature. Here are 2 books that are a must read. I picked them up at a yard sale and had the chuckles all the way through them.
One book "How to **** in the Woods" An Environmentally Sound Approach to a Lost Art and is written by Kathleen Meyers, and the 2nd book out is called "Up **** Creek" by Joe Lindsay, A Collection of Horrifyingly True Wilderness Toilet Misadventures.
Anyone know what a groover is??
Allen

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
It's been a few years since I read both those books, and there are others that discuss the topic - I think I have read four books that provide details on the subject. Imagine that. After that, all the crap reads the same.

I'll bite, I'll be a "Lost Art". What do you mean by a "groover"? I don't recall that term, hence, now I'm a "Forgotten Art", too.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:29 AM   #3
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
You aroused my curiosity.

According to ASK.COM:

A groover is a person who listens to, dances to, and lives for house music. What is house music? These songs often receive the generic "techno" label.

Hey Art, what are you doing up at 2am????
Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
All these float trips that you see advertized down various rivers is a pack it in pack it out trip and this goes for everything. Can you imagine what the river landscape would look like if everyone just went into the bushes and there are thousands that go on htese trips
A groover is a large .50 cal. ammo can that is lined with a heavy duty black plastic bag that is used for potty. and when you sit on it, it leaves a groove on both cheeks. That is where the term Groover came from and it talks about it quit a bit in the book. You see they are required to haul the poo out of the area also.
From the Glossary
Groover= A toilet used on wilderness river trips
Pod= A package of human poo, sealed in two large garbage bags,These are produced by the classic groover with bags and are usually the size of a cantalope.
now you know
e&hagd
Allen
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Bullroc. This forum is on Eastern time. When I post in my Pacific time zone it gets tagged with the current Eastern time, which is 3 hours ahead.

As an avid backpacker, I have been following the pack-it-in, pack-it-out for the past 10 years. I don't use an ammo can so I guess I am not a groover (thank God). I'll leave it at that.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote