Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #1
KSGirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5859
New full timers leaving Kansas...watch out Toto!

We can't believe this is truly going to happen. Sold the house last month and didn't even put out a sign! Talk about luck. Now we are franticly selling, giving and donating everything we have in sight. We are closing on the stick house Sept 17 and then we are off to who knows where. Going to South Dakota on Monday to get drivers license, tags and forwarding mailbox...thanks Steve and Vickie for the help. Just a note, we did lose our Oreo in November so still have our little cat to travel with. Had a new grandson born on April 6 so that daughter is not happen with us. Glen we are planning on Florida this winter. We will have tons of questions so will accept all advise so don't be surprised if we contact our family of MOCers for help. Dusty we have a daughter in Pueblo, Co. so look for us sometime. Also family I haven't seen in Ohio for over 10 years so may be seeing Rich and Helen also. Will keep in touch with the progress. Coleen and Ray

KSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Congrats and welcome to the fulltiming lifestyle. We are rapidly closing in on 2 years and we absolutely love it. Our only problem is that we only get to move twice a year right now. We are counting the days until we can wake up when the alarm goes off only to shut it off and go back to sleep.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Congrats folks and good luck in your travels. Been thru Salina just last year for the 1st time, it's close to the half way point in our journey to the RGV from here. Keep us posted!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations!!! Glad you could join the ranks of the nomads. We are on this tour with all brands of RVs, TT, MH and 5th wheels. We are the only fulltimers except for the Wagon Master. They look at us with a mixture of envy and "are you crazy". It has been fun all day touring FT Louisbourg, Nova Scotia. When we returned, the Montana was 73 degrees inside without A/C warming up after 59 degrees over night.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Congrats Ksgirl.
If you are ever this way please give me a PM and I will give you my cell phone number and we can meet for lunch or something.

We will be full timers if we ever sell this house. We are not getting rid of everything. Some going into storage.
Someone looking at house today. Hope they buy it, so we can do what you are doing.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
KSGirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5859
Well right now our Monty is sitting in our driveway. We've sold the bedroom set so guess where we sleep? We also will have some storage, and I'm sure it will be more than what Ray wants but I'm having a difficult time letting go of that precious "stuff". We've had two weekends of sales and it's too hot for people to get out and shop. Today it's 99 and tomorrow it's supposed to be 103. We have two air units in the RV but can only run one at a time.( we don't have 50 amp but getting a cheater box to fix that) It's 84 in the monty today. I work in the house when it's cooler to pitch, pack and sort. And then out to the Monty in the evening to put things away and decide what to keep. It's driving us crazy! How on earth did you full timers get it done.
Dusty I hope your house sells quickly. In fact the person who bought ours is moving from Denver and bought it sight unseen. Her mother lives around the corner from us and her daughter is moving back to Salina and wanted to live close to her mom. Like I said earlier it was luck for us. I think God had a hand in this. When Ray had his cancer checkup last month he showed "0" and the doctor said we were good to go!! Someone upstairs heard him. We also got his passport last month and we hope to visit our Canadian MOCers also.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Sounds exciting! God bless and happy trails to you both!
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:33 AM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulation and we hope it is everything you dreamed it would be.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Congratulations to the both of you. What an exciting and freeing time.

Happy and SAFE travels!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #10
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
CONGRADS on Rays OK check up, and also the new chapter you are starting in life. I envy you No MORE KANSAS PROPERTY TAX... That is something to really be happy about... Just do one thing for me.... Think about joining us IN BRANSON MAY 2008 for the Get Togeather, check out the central region thread for that info. Be safe of the road and ENJOY... Safe Travels John & Christa
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
Great for you all. I know it's been real hard to downsize but in the end, you find out the things you think you have to keep, you end up getting rid of down the road. We are in Junction City trying to survive the heat. If you get to this neck of the woods, drop a note. We're in the Owls Nest Campground.

On a good note: "There's nothing better than seeing Kansas in your rearview mirror"
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #12
KSGirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5859
New update. Just got back from South Dakota to get our mail forwarding service, drivers license and new truck tags. Giving up my Kansas license that I've had for over 30 years wasn't easy, but John, getting back those property taxes we just paid will make up for it. We've talked about Branson in May and I'm sure we are going to be there. Rick and Jana, since you are so close, hop on over to Salina and help us get rid of this "stuff"! lol Coleen
Old 08-17-2007, 05:12 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Coleen and Ray! I know you've been looking forward to the moment you can take off. It's coming fast!

If the garage sales don't work out, may I suggest another option? We were selling in Feb and Mar and that doesn't work for garage sales in Kansas, either. So we used an estate auction service. We boxed everything up that could be boxed. They picked it all up. They sorted everything. They sold it. They sent us a check for the proceeds each week until it was all gone. I think it took about three weeks, if i recall.

I don't think we got as much as we might have through garage sales but we also didn't have the hassles. Just another option if the garage sales don't work out for you. I'm sure Salina probably has a an auction service. Ours was in Topeka.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote