Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2021, 11:38 AM   #1
Nard Dog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27687
Can I fix this door?

This is the front right storage compartment door and it slides out of the track. I am able to shimmy it back into place to close and I’m trying to figure out how to avoid taking this to the dealer for repair until fall. Obviously won’t close when this happens and its also scratching up my paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	9326  

Nard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I don't have a baggage door like yours - but the pic below is of my Propane compartment door hinge. It looks like there may be a rod running thru the hinge extrusions and there is a plastic cap on both ends of the hinge rod to keep the door in place. This is purely a guess - but if your top plastic cap is missing then there is nothing to keep the door in place. I am guessing that the plastic cap is actually a sort of like a screw - meaning I'll bet it has a ribbed body that presses into the hinge rod and the friction holds everything in place.

Pure speculation - If I was out on the road and this happened - I would be looking for an appropriate size screw to drive into the rod to hold my door in place. My sketch may be totally wrong - I am just speculating what it may look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door hinge.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	9327   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-07_13-50-22.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	9328  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:18 PM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
If you mean the door just slides down past the opening sometimes when you open it ... and it there is a "C" channel in the outer door frame itself that the door pivots inside ... simply place a short screw in the "C" channel in the outer door frame to keep the door itself from dropping lower than the frame opening. My cargo doors have small screws in each end of the outer frame to keep the door itself centered while opening and closing.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote