Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
rkhoyt

M.O.C. #19976
Slide not closing completely

Looking for some slide help. We have a 2013 3700RL. Last fall when preparing it for winter storage, I was bringing in slides and didn't notice a table was in the way. After stopping the slides (after tilting slide) and removing table, I brought the slides back in. The back side of the ODL slide does not completely close by approximately 1 inch. It goes out all the way but does not close entirely. Front side of that slide does completely close. How do I "unhook" cog system and manually even out the slide, then "rehook" up cog system. I realize its the hydraulic cylinders that do all the work but I think the back part of the slide jumped a cog or two to become mis-aligned when I hit the obstruction. Hope the above makes sense. Thanks to any help.

rkhoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:57 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
It has been a while, but I remember having to remove the shear bolt in the rod connecting the two gear packs. Then you can move each gear pack individually to equalize the slide. Re-install the shear bolt and you should be good to go.

P.S. It is nice to hear from another 3700RL (best floor plan ever) owner.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
rkhoyt

M.O.C. #19976
Thanks, will give that a look, and yes best floor plan ever. We've looked at others and nothing can compete with it. Turns lots of heads with that oversized bedroom slide. Thank again
rkhoyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slides gear jumping