Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
jfbritt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23856
Lubricating Front Electric Landing Gear

In past years I have had my local RV dealer lubricate my electric front landing gear. The landing gear is made by Lippert Components and each leg has a grease zerk about 3 inches from the top.

I've contacted Lippert Components asking how to do this. They said to remove the top lid on each leg and lubricate the gears visible at the top of the leg with white lithium grease. They mentioned nothing about using the grease zerk.

Has anyone else lubricated electric landing gear made by Lippert Components? Can you provide insight on the correct way to do this?

What type of grease do you use? Lippert Components recommended white lithium grease. I've seen different brands. Would the Lucas White Lithium Grease in the blue and white tube work?

jfbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
The top gears are just 90 deg bevel gears. The lower Zerk fitting lubes the bronze nut and worm shaft. The Nut is secured in the top of the extending leg. Lube the Zerk when the landing gear is all the way up to the top and it is supposed to lube the worm gear when it is extended. I use bearing grease in the Zerk. I also have a Zerk in the top so I do not have to remove the cap to lube the bevel gears.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote