Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2023, 04:02 PM   #1
ps146364
Established Member

M.O.C. #14615
Looking to buy

But before we do does anyone have any thoughts, things you like or dislike about the 3123RL fifth wheel? Inquiring minds want to know.

ps146364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:52 AM   #2
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
Is that model number correct?
2011 Ford f350 srw long box Lariat with B&W Patriot hitch. Residential Fridge.
artfuldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:54 AM   #3
ps146364
Established Member

M.O.C. #14615
It is now thank you for pointing out the error of my ways.
ps146364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 07:52 AM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
the 3123 is a tweaked version of the 3121. If I am remembering correctly, they moved the pantry so you had access to it with the slides in. This made for a shallower pantry and added storage in the bathroom.

I preferred the deeper pantry
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:45 AM   #5
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Whatever you buy.......make sure you, or someone qualified to do so does a thorough PDI. It can save you from a potential nightmare.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:54 AM   #6
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
You need to figure out what you need in a camper, full time, vacation are you going to national parks. Then what is important to you, big kitchen, large bath, how many windows, where is the kitchen the living room. All campers are a compromise what is important to you.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 02:08 PM   #7
Rick n Kelly
Established Member

M.O.C. #24855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps146364 View Post
But before we do does anyone have any thoughts, things you like or dislike about the 3123RL fifth wheel? Inquiring minds want to know.
Recently purchased 3123 RL we stepped down in size from 3791RD. We like the 3123 smaller 5ver, pantry not as deep, coffee bar next to pantry behind same sliding doors. Over all better size, did not like pulling the 41.5'. Larger trailer should be pulled with dually for highway stability. 5ver will back easier and fit more camp sites. The 3123 better suits our needs since we no longer live full-time in the trailer.
My comments are my opinion only! We knew we wanted another Montana. Take time to make a decision.

Good luck in your search,
Old 06-05-2023, 03:11 PM   #8
LuckyDog23
Established Member

M.O.C. #32832
This is a woman of the house to a woman of the house question. I like the older coffee bar with hutch design of the 3121 much better. We are thinking of buying a Montana to replace an aging Winnebago gasser coach. It has zero to no work space in the kitchen area, so the Montanas really appeals to me. I had planned to use the hutch for dishes and flatware and the counter for setting my K cup coffee maker and space for napkins sugar, stir sticks and the like. I don’t see a place in this new design to store plates, bowls, mugs and some random serving/mixing bowls. I was curious where you put those items. In terms of pantry items currently, I have two narrow pullouts that hold bottles of seasoning, oils, vinegars, smaller jars of olives, peppers, plus some syrups and all of those are really small. I would likely put them in the upper cabinets adjacent to the microwave oven. This seems like an impossible kitchen to me. I don’t particularly like deep pantries because of the constant digging for stuff. They are great for large appliances — right now I have an instant pot, a toaster oven and a panini grill which we have to store under the dinette bench.” Excuse me, dear if you want toast you’ll need to get up” got old fast. Anyway I’d love to hear your take on this. I’m looking for the 2022 model to avoid that pantry. And I’m not too crazy about zero night stand for my water, phone and current spicy novel…
LuckyDog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 06:55 PM   #9
Asdac1

M.O.C. #25371
I have a 2019 3120rl model and man do we love it. Yes there are draw backs to any model you choose. But there is a very good support team whether it be in this forum or you tube, someone will have an answer. We found over the few years that our plates and bowls fit nicely in the smaller upper cupboard next to the convection microwave. Ikea has support racks to set them in and they truly hold them in place. As for our coffee bar we put our full size keurig and toaster oven on it with no issues and our toaster by the stove. 2 issues we've had and it's only started this year. The thermostats suck really bad. Worst in the business but that's is my opinion we will be changing that out next trip and the dual propane and electric fridge. We want one so badly for every reason in Canada however the freezer never freezes ice cream and this year the fridge didn't want to get cold. Still trying to assess that one out. Oh the mattress sucks too but a topper made it much more comfortable. It's the perfect size for my husband and myself and also when our adult kids come for a visit they love the pull out couch. Hope that helps. I'd be happy to answer anything else.
Asdac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 06:23 PM   #10
LuckyDog23
Established Member

M.O.C. #32832
I looked for a used 2019. It’s so pretty! Pre-cottage core I guess. There are still some 2022 models from before the pantry fiasco as I call it and I even found a couple legacy packaged versions. I have battled with my Winnbago itty bitty sink for decades. We have Corelle in the coach and my plates are bigger than the sink. I dread another divided sink. With two bowls you get two drains and double pipes. I put a large deep sink in my house and the drain is in the corner. I haven’t found anything I can’t put in it. There are a few models out there with an apron sink with one bowl. I’m also looking at Jayco and various Forest River models. This forum has been really helpful ! Thanks!
LuckyDog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 01:32 PM   #11
GYPSY SOUL
Established Member

M.O.C. #24633
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 432bartman View Post
Whatever you buy.......make sure you, or someone qualified to do so does a thorough PDI. It can save you from a potential nightmare.
Our walkthrough was too quick, and we were too excited. Our main AC wire harness was not connected.