Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2023, 07:38 AM   #1
Brancajd
Established Member

M.O.C. #32819
Air in refrigerator... Low dispensing pressure

Hello everyone....I have a 2021 331RL. In October of 22, I winterized the camper via compressed air rather than antifreeze. This memorial day, we took the camper out for the first time since. Everything worked great except for the water dispenser, GE refrigerator, GWE19JSLNFSS. The water coming out was very slow. I have a pressure gauge hooked up and water coming into the RV was 60psi. Brought the RV home Monday and have been screwing around with it trying to get the air out of the lines. I have the bypass filter plug in and have ran at least 5-10 gallons of water through the dispenser and there's still air bubbles in the system. I watch them swirl around in the clear supply tube that's wrapped up like a race track inside my fridge until they get expelled. How much air did I introduce to the system by blowing the lines out in the winter? Everything else in the RV water wise is great with pressure. According to GE, when dispensing the water, in a 20 second time frame, I should get 8 or more ounces of water. I'm getting 4oz. If air is still in the system, how long do I need to keep purging it? Has anyone else experienced this type of trouble after winterizing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Brancajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:57 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Is it possible that when you blew out water to winterize, you might have still had water in the line to the fridge and it froze, maybe damaging that line? Do you see any leaks under the rig?
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:49 PM   #3
Brancajd
Established Member

M.O.C. #32819
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
Is it possible that when you blew out water to winterize, you might have still had water in the line to the fridge and it froze, maybe damaging that line? Do you see any leaks under the rig?
I was thinking the same thing...a crack some place but I don't see anything leaking inside or out?
Old 06-03-2023, 06:36 AM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
when I change teh water filter in my SB refer, the water shoots out until the air is purged. I would bet there is a leak somewhere
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 06:20 PM   #5
Old_Salty
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12298
Did you by any chance check the water valves for the water line to the fridge? When I was cleaning the rig, I accidentally partially closed one of them. Drove me crazy for a bit...
Old_Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 07:12 AM   #6
Brancajd
Established Member

M.O.C. #32819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salty View Post
Did you by any chance check the water valves for the water line to the fridge? When I was cleaning the rig, I accidentally partially closed one of them. Drove me crazy for a bit...
I did... Both of them. The one under the center island and the one in the cabinet next to the fridge were both on. I even disconnected the one next to the fridge (supply line) to test the water flow. It has more pressure that a sailor on liberty call lol. Next move.... Pull fridge from wall and look for a crack some place that would allow air to get in?
Old 06-04-2023, 11:56 AM   #7
Old_Salty
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12298
If you had a crack in the water line allowing air to enter, water would leak out under pressure.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:26 PM   #8
Brancajd
Established Member

M.O.C. #32819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salty View Post
If you had a crack in the water line allowing air to enter, water would leak out under pressure.
Was thinking the same thing? I don’t see anything physically leaking out from the refrigerator. I’m gonna unbolt the refrigerator bracket and pull it away from the wall and see if there’s a leak just to satisfy my curiosity..
Old 06-05-2023, 12:12 PM   #9
Brancajd
Established Member

M.O.C. #32819
Ok... so today I pulled the fridge from the wall... double checked the water lines and connections... no leaks didn’t see anything obvious but still getting a bunch of air bubbles in the supply tube. Could the water inlet valve have an internal leak causing the air bubbles? Water pressure going into the inlet valve is Good. I'm stumped
Old 06-05-2023, 03:55 PM   #10
C&P RV
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30294
Just curious if you have tried the system with a new filter in place of the bypass. Perhaps the air is entering the system at that point? I did the same thing as you when I winterized..all air, blew out until no water was left in the coiled tube behind the vegetable bin, drained the filter and left it uninstalled.
C&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:22 PM   #11
Brancajd
Established Member

M.O.C. #32819
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&P RV View Post
Just curious if you have tried the system with a new filter in place of the bypass. Perhaps the air is entering the system at that point? I did the same thing as you when I winterized..all air, blew out until no water was left in the coiled tube behind the vegetable bin, drained the filter and left it uninstalled.
I'll give it another go with the filter installed. Did you have any issues doing it the way we did it?
Old 06-06-2023, 05:58 AM   #12
C&P RV
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancajd View Post
I'll give it another go with the filter installed. Did you have any issues doing it the way we did it?
Ours has been working fine for both ice and water.
C&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:32 AM   #13
Brancajd
Established Member

M.O.C. #32819
Update

OK... Since I was having issues with the water dispenser pressure...I decided to replace the water inlet valve. Found one on eBay used... Part number WR57X30890.
I did have to rewire the new one because the two plugs on the back weren’t quick disconnects... No biggie. Hooked it all up and VOILA... SOLID WATER PRESSURE COMING OUT THE DISPENSER....WOOOOOOO
Old 06-11-2023, 07:52 PM   #14
RVDH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancajd View Post
I did... Both of them. The one under the center island and the one in the cabinet next to the fridge were both on. I even disconnected the one next to the fridge (supply line) to test the water flow. It has more pressure that a sailor on liberty call lol. Next move.... Pull fridge from wall and look for a crack some place that would allow air to get in?
If you're on pump water the only place air can be introduced is on the intake side of the pump. If you're on city water the air is most likely coming from the city line itself, since everything is under pressure, once purged, there is no air in the line. A leak pushing water out, yes! air no.
RVDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 07:48 AM   #15
Old_Salty
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12298
Great news!