Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2020, 04:09 PM   #1
Cubbie
Established Member

M.O.C. #20155
AC Tripping Breaker Update

Well, compressor bad and repair service said they could not find any Dometic Penguin replacement AC unit anywhere in the Country. They placed a back order but was not anticipating one available soon. Said Dometic moved their factory to Mexico and that factory was closed due to Covid 19. We are healthy but looks like the virus got us in another way !!!!! Did I mention it is real hot here in Phoenix !!!

Cubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:48 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
If only you were closer to Indiana. I have a 13,500 air conditioner sitting in my shed at the house that came out of my previous Keystone Outback when we swapped it out for a 15,000 BTU. I thought it would be wise to keep the old one, just to find out it's been nothing but 'in the way'. I've been trying to give it away for the last 8 years. It's yours if you want to make the trip!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
It may be faster to make a trip to Indiana than wait on Dometic. I have been to Indiana and it's a wonderful place. Folks are real friendly. if for nothing else it's also a beautiful place to see. I have some friends in Batesville.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
Cubbie
Established Member

M.O.C. #20155
Dutchman, thanks for the generous offer. Will have to decline as we need a 15,000 Penguin with heat pump. One day one will appear. For now, did I say it was hot. We bought a portable room air conditioner for the living room and was able to vent it out a window with lots of foam and 3M tape. Thanks again.
Slowhand, yes Indiana is a very beautiful state. Have been there numerous times.

Art
Cubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:24 PM   #5
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Cubbie have you called CW in Tucson? Don't know if CW might have one in stock somewhere.

I looked online and most places show out of stock or unavailable. The link below did not say that and I took it right to putting in my card so maybe??

https://www.allrv.com/dometic-pengui...ir-conditioner
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote