Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Whatizzit?????

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_1696.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_1697.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/100_1700.jpg

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I know. I use the flasher for the same purpose. Can I tell? Can I? Can I?
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
OK John, it will be fine to let it out of the bag....
I was bored, went to Wal*Mart, O'reilly auto parts and made the 'Ozz Cube' not as nice as our friend Wes Weshaver's model, but it works...I need to get a heavier flasher, as I want a 3 function unit, Flasher alone for the brake lights, running lights only, and all flash. Tinker, tinker, tinker.
My container cost $.33
Ozz
Old 05-27-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
OZZ,
That is a great idea. For those that do not recognize the receptacle it is the same that is on your Tow Vehicle. You unplug from your tow vehicle and plug your trailer wire into Ozz's box and then can have just your brake lights or your running lights or both as OZZ described flashing. This can be used at the Camp grounds to driver you neighbors nuts or best of all when having to leave the Monty along side the road when getting help at night. The Monty battery powers the lights.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:26 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I knew, I knew it, I knew it. If anyone was going to come up with a better mouse trap it had to be OZZ. Especially after Ozz broke down on the way in. When they pulled his truck into the Ford dealership his Monty sat along the hiway with no warning lights at all. Seeing as Ozz was sitting at Compton Ridge with nothing much to do and he doesn't appear as the kind of guy to twiddle his thumbs and seeing he's done all the Mods to the Monty it was only the natural thing for the MOD MAN to do.
For those that were at Branson or have met Ozz face to face and also saw Weshaver's hook up you'd all have to agree with me.
Ozz, I think you should change your Used ID from Ozz to the MOD MAN.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thank you, John and Glenn,
Glenn, you are right about the Monte sitting there unlit, all my flares drowned out, at least my Triangle reflectors were on the job.
You know what they say about Idle hands.., well heck-
Here:

"The Devil finds work/mischief for idle hands to do",

Nothing good comes from boredom. It's said that idle hands are the devil's workshop, an old saying dating at least as far back as Chaucer in the twelfth century who called idle hands the devil's tools.

Fac et aliquid operis, ut semper te diabolus inveniat occupatum. (St Jerome, _Letters_)

Therefore seith Seint Jerome: "Dooth somme goode dedes that the devel, which is oure enemy, ne fynde yow nat unocupied." (Chaucer, _Tale of Melibee_)

In Works of Labour or of Skill I would be busy too: For Satan finds some mischief still for idle Hands to do. (I. Watts, _Divine Songs for Children_, 1715)

If the Devil finds a Man idle, he'll set him at Work. (J. Kelly, _Scottish Proverbs_, 1721)

If the devil catch a man idle, he'll set him at work. (T. Fuller, _Gnomologia_, 1732)

Idle Brains are the Devil's Workhouses. (_ibid._)

The Turks have a proverb, which says, that _The devil tempts all other men, but that idle men tempt the devil. (Colton, _Lacon_, 1820)

An idle brain is the devil's workshop. (H.G. Bohn, _Hand-Book of Proverbs_, 1855)

"Idle hands do the Devil's work, Paul." (K. Vonnegut, _Player Piano_, 1952)

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." That seems to be the attitude among President Clinton's Pentagon appointees who recently drafted plans to involve the military in domestic social programs.... (_Washington Times_, May 18, 1995)

"Friends, the idle brain is the devil's playground."....Meredith Willson, "The Music Man"....
because I can't come up with anything better.....

IDLE HANDS ARE THE DEVIL'S TOOLS - "Idleness is the root of mischief. This maxim has been traced back to Chaucer's 'Tale of Melibee' (c. 1386). First attested in the United States in 'Collections' (1808). The proverb is found in varying forms:: Satan has some mischief for idle hands to do; The devil finds work (or mischief) for idle hands to do." From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996).