Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #41
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
I love the " Proposed fixes" that use should and probably in them.
I always say, "those arfe not engineering terms.

Insteasd of trying o fix this one's self it should be addressed in such a way that it does not void Keystone's warranty. The AL walls have enough issues already

2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:37 AM   #42
jeepjrn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24167
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
I'm sorry that this happened to you, BUT, at the end of the day, Keystone needs to put a mark on the wall where you should drill the hole. While we don't have a washer/dryer in ours, I would be scared to death to drill that hole in the wall, for fear of exactly what happened here...
You nailed it, my wife and I have always been thinking of getting a washer and dryer and this recent pandemic has only heightened our want to have a washer and dryer. Like you, I’m scared to death to trust that little 2 cent sticker to avoid thousands of dollars in repairs. Like another suggested, why wouldn’t manufacturers want to include an installed vent as part of the washer/dryer prep package, how much additional could this possibly add to the cost $10-20? I wonder how many more people would add washers/dryers without this fear of destroying a stud, I’d bet the number might possibly be staggering as I’ve heard so many people over the years having this same fear as their reason not to install a washer/dryer.
jeepjrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #43
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
Every time I read about CW I read that someone had a bad experience. Both their RV selling techniques and especially their repair/maintenance have continual complaints. Usually I am disappointed with their responses to remediate their failures. Now with all the unique issues with CW and Good Sam happening I will continue to avoid doing business with them.

Such a shame when they first opened they were so good.
paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #44
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
I don't think it is all CW locations that provide poor service. I have used the CW in both Minneapolis, MN and Gulf Shores, AL. Both locations have provided great service and timely.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #45
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDDilly View Post
I don't think it is all CW locations that provide poor service. I have used the CW in both Minneapolis, MN and Gulf Shores, AL. Both locations have provided great service and timely.
I have used Myrtle Beach for a decade and locations for n Chattanooga, Asheville, and others with never a problem. Recently in AL my 5er and I treated like family.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #46
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
The problem is enough CW give bad service that it gives all a bad reputation. They certainly aren’t all bad and the service one person gets can be far different than someone else.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote