Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2015, 06:33 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Gray Tank Failure Saga

Our gray bathroom tank failed. Have a non-Keystone dealer near us looking into it. Guess what?

According to them, our VIN indicates that somewhere on the assembly line, the brands of tanks were switched. What that means is we have at least 2, and possibly 3, different brands of tanks on our rig.

What that also means is that apparently Keystone has been unable to tell them what brand the bath gray is. Which means . . .

Dealer will have to get into the tank area and determine which kind it is so it will match up with the drains, etc. That's before they can even order the tank.

You've got to be freakin' kidding me. No. Wait. I know you're not.

I called to get a status update a bit ago, as it's been yet another week awaiting word. (Given, it takes the dealer a while to contact all parties and get answers.) The estimate is 3 hours labor to determine which tank it is. Order tank. Take rig into shop for replacement, where the estimate is 3 hours to take out the old tank and 3.5 hours to put in the new. Plus the tank itself and its shipping costs.

At least we have the Good Sam Extended Service Plan, so it should cover some of the cost.

If I had the energy, time and indifference to becoming really stressed out, I'd contact Keystone myself and demand they cough up at least part of the labor on this, as it is costing us more just because they cannot identify the proper tank needed for replacement.

Not that any of that would do any good.

We'll just hope that whatever tank they order and receive will be the actual tank that will fit.

Thank goodness it is that particular tank, as this is dragging on and on, and that there are decent shower facilities at the park where we are.

Okay, rant over. Your regularly scheduled programming will now resume.
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote