Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2023, 11:22 AM   #1
Robokatz
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28338
See Level Guages

Like most of you I am tired of my non-working guages, which have pretty much not worked since day one. I have a 2022 Montana Legacy, so have the InCommand control panel. I have heard great things about the SeeLevel guages, but have a question that hopefully someone can answer: I understand that the SeeLevel wires are supposed to just hook up in place of existing wires, but does that mean that they will register with my InCommand panel, or will I still need to hard wire the SeeLevel monitor panel somewhere? I called Affinity in Indiana, and they told me they have never installed so were not sure.

Has anyone with an InCommand panel installed Seelevel? Does the entire coroplast need to be dropped to access the tanks? Which length guages are needed for all 4 tanks (fresh, black and 2 grey) on a 3231CK? Finally, any recommended installers in SoCal? I called SeeLevel and they had no one.

Thanks

Robokatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 02:04 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
From the looks of the parts, I doubt the Seelevel system will work with the Incommand. It says it is a proprietary technology so will not work with anything other than their monitor display. Maybe it's just me, but we have been fulltime with a rig ten years older than yours and the level monitoring system is worthless except for the fresh tank. I dump the grey tanks a couple times a week and the black once a week and never look at the display and we get along just fine. The sensors on the Seelevel don't go inside the tanks like the ones installed. If you go to the Quartzsite circle in January, there are installers there that will install the Seelevel system. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Seele...CABEgITN_D_BwE
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 02:15 PM   #3
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
I have not installed them, but have done some research. They will not work with your InCommand system. The Sealevel system uses proprietary communications; you will need to install the Sealvel panel.

You will need to drop the coroplast to install the new sensors on the outside of the tanks and the wiring (fairly simple). You could use the existing wiring by removing it from the existing sensors and InCommand; but probably more effort than pulling a new cable. The Sealevel website will guide you on which sensors you need depending on the size of your tanks.

In the end, I agree with Bob, decided it was not worth the trouble and expense and shelved the idea. I know when to dump the tanks.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 11:39 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We added them to our 2010, but by the time we added them I had already established a schedule that worked and so even though the gages worked I never looked at them so we didn't add them to our current rigs. I also believe you will have to use their monitor.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 05:40 PM   #5
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Neil,

The only tank indication that is worthwhile is the fresh water. The stock sensor works pretty well for it. I would not spend a cent on the others.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 08:35 PM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Neil, we have had See Level on our last two Montana’s. On the last one, we cut the wires and used them for the SeeLevel gages. That makes the other idiot gages non-functional. On this one, we ran new wire so both systems work. (It’s just cheap telephone wire). Also, you can get SeeLevel that will work with your Cerbo GX.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:14 PM   #7
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
Not sure what "in-command" uses for sensors, but these replace the old in tank sensors that have been around forever. I have had them in for 4 years now and they still work great.

Miracle Probes
Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:09 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
In Command uses the same sensors (basically 3 bolts) as the non In Command. We love the See Level gages, but chose to leave the existing wires intact.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote