Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #1
Dexxy

M.O.C. #29860
2006 Montana 3600re help

We purchased this trailer a few months ago and I'm having difficulty figuring out which valve is gray water and which in black. I'm also curious if anyone knows what this control panel is for? picture posted. Any info on this model will helps a ton.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211011_130253.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	10351   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211014_105500.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	10352  

Dexxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:53 AM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Well the two switches are water heater and water pump. The heater switch is for gas. The tank levels lights are pretty much self explanatory but most don’t work. There should be 2 grey tank valves. One is between the axles or in front of the front tire. I don’t know if you have a convenance center if you do the black valve is usually forward and the grey is the rear one. If that don’t work your gonna have to trace your pipes.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:10 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There are two valves in the drop down area of the driver's side pass through compartment. One for the black tank and the other is for the shower tank. They should be labeled, but if not, you will have to run water into the shower, open a valve and see if it comes out. There is a SECOND GREY Tank for the kitchen. The handle for it, as mentioned above, protrudes out from the frame on the driver's side somewhere from the front of the tires to behind them.

The control panel pictured has the switches for the water pump and the gas side of the water heater (the electric side is controlled by a switch inside the outside door to the water heater). The other touch buttons on the right are used to display the (often inaccurate) levels in the various holding tanks. The fresh water display is usually accurate and the battery condition is somewhat accurate given the gradients (1/3, 2/3, empty).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:56 PM   #4
Dexxy

M.O.C. #29860
I just uploaded what 2 valves I could find. But neither are labeled
Dexxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 05:12 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I do know the two tanks under the pass through compartment are the black and shower (grey) ones. The tanks lay perpindicular to length of the RV. The left handle (in the pic) is for the front tank and the right handle is for the rear tank. If you don't want to run water down the shower/bathroom sink to see which tank it comes out of, there might be an alternative way. Find the toilet down pipe which goes to the black tank. Based on where in is located to the two tanks should give you an answer.

As for the third tank, it is there believe me. It may be the handle has come off (it happens). Look for a hole in the frame or the coroplast around the tire area. If you really can't find it, then drop the coroplast along the driver side (easy, just remove some screws) so you can see the valves' location.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:36 PM   #6
EllsworthToohey
Established Member

M.O.C. #29777
Welcome to the mysterious world of the 2006 Montana! I have a 3670RL and its all an easter egg hunt. Owners manual you've probably discovered is utterly unhelpful in learning how any of the systems actually work or where components are.

This may not seem very helpful immediately, but in my quest to find a leak, I dropped the plastic belly cover panels and with these removed you can see a LOT of the mystery meat. You can see the tanks, the drains, the gate valves, the water lines and electrical and gas routing. It will not tell you everything you need to know but it WILL inform you enough to make it worthwhile removing a couple dozen self tapping screws that attach the belly panels. Happy exploring.
EllsworthToohey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:27 AM   #7
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Mine is a 2006RK so this may not be much help. In my pass through, similar to your picture, the black tank is the right pull and the gray tank is the left pull. My galley tank pull is on the drivers side about 4 feet from the back of the unit. That may be because we have a rear kitchen.(You have to practically stand on your head to see it) A clear elbow on your discharge pipe can help you determine which lever is emptying which tank.
Old 10-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #8
Razahoryin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18958
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcol View Post
Mine is a 2006RK so this may not be much help. In my pass through, similar to your picture, the black tank is the right pull and the gray tank is the left pull. My galley tank pull is on the drivers side about 4 feet from the back of the unit. That may be because we have a rear kitchen.(You have to practically stand on your head to see it) A clear elbow on your discharge pipe can help you determine which lever is emptying which tank.
That matches my 2006
Grey is forward or left and black is the right handle
Razahoryin is offline   Reply With Quote