Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2021, 02:16 PM   #21
cosninocanines
Established Member

M.O.C. #9137
Try manually moving the pump 1/4 inch allen screw on the side of the pump just a quarter inch will loosen the pump I had this same problem a few years ago.

cosninocanines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:29 PM   #22
Waricha
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20684
The clicking you hear I believe is because Keystone only puts a 40 amp breaker on these campers for the leveling system. Most of us have upgraded to an 80 amp breaker to overcome this issue. I wish you well.
Waricha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:31 PM   #23
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyw69 View Post
I have a 2020 3780rl and am current parked for an extended period in AZ
When I set up at the site I did the normal auto level procedure and everything worked . After 2 weeks we seemed to be a little out of level so I tried to auto level again and I get no response as far as movement system times out. In manual mode all I get is clicking but again nothing runs . I have checked voltage at batteries, both side of to auto reset circuit breaker and to the solenoid all read 13.2 volts
Any thoughts as to what has happened. I’m parked on a pretty level concrete pad and hooked to shore power. Dealer suggested rehooking power from truck with same results
Your batteries are shot. The hydraulics need a LOT of power, hooking up is useless, the batteries have to be 100% healthy, if they are the factory originals you are probably done wityh them. Research real deep discharge batteris like Trojan T105 or go Lithium.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:00 PM   #24
goodellj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20452
When the motor failed on my hydraulic leveling system, I was told that the motor may work intermittently if you tap it with a rubber mallet or the rubber handle of a screwdriver. I know it sounds crazy, but it got me home. Then I replaced the motor, which was expensive but not too hard to replace.

Also, with the right tools and adapter, you can operate the levelers manually.
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:33 PM   #25
Badd857
Established Member

M.O.C. #27505
Level up pump

This is probably way late to the party but my 2018 3130RE did this and YES the pump took a doo doo. It was under warranty at the time.
Badd857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #26
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
If you have the time, you can generally get the motor rebuilt for a reasonable price vs buying a new one. I believe there have been several member here who have gone the rebuild route.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:55 AM   #27
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
What's the lastest progress??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyw69 View Post
Thanks to everyone who posted with information and suggestions. I followed the suggestion to do the lippert testing protocol and have figured out that my pump is dead. The relay works but direct power to the motor from one of the hot sides yields no sound or action.
Now all I have to do is get a warantee repair done . The tech at Lippert thought that that was my problem so they have me on record and I’ll be contacting Keystone as my dealer is not calling back
Thanks again you guys are great

Just wondering if you've tried the voltage check yet after removing the shore power connection? Lots of other suggestions have been made, but doing the above would be the first item of business. Hope you are making progress, lots of progress, as we haven't heard from you in a few days. Posting a final resolution really helps the forum members. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote