Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #1
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Brake service around DFW AREA.

Looking for recommendations for good reliable brake and bearing service, preferably on the Ft. Worth side of town, other than an RV dealer. I have a 2018 Montana High Country 358BH. I’m about ready for a bearing re pack and brake inspection before our fall trips. Thanks

Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #2
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Zanetti trailer repair in Weatherford. They do disc brake installs also for rv's. There was a big write-up about them in Trailer-Life magazine a couple of years ago. You might want to give them a call at 817-599-9685. You can make an appointment to drop it off one morning and pick it up that afternoon. I was going to have them install brakes but decided to go to Mor-Ryde and get the I.S. and disc brakes installed there.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #3
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Zanetti trailer repair in Weatherford. They do disc brake installs also for rv's. There was a big write-up about them in Trailer-Life magazine a couple of years ago. You might want to give them a call at 817-599-9685. You can make an appointment to drop it off one morning and pick it up that afternoon. I was going to have them install brakes but decided to go to Mor-Ryde and get the I.S. and disc brakes installed there.
Thanks for the info. Did you already have them install the Mor-Ryde and disc brakes or is ghat coming up?
Old 08-15-2020, 11:03 PM   #4
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I had Mor-Ryde install my disc brakes on account i was having the I.S. installed anyhow and Mor-Ryde installs the I.S. where Zanetti's only does brakes. If doing just brakes Zanetti's was a little cheaper for the Kodiak disc brakes with 8k rotors by 2 or 3 hundred. I live just north of Houston and would have no problem driving to Weatherford for brakes. You live probably an hour from them. Good luck with what ever you do.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:02 AM   #5
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
I had Mor-Ryde install my disc brakes on account i was having the I.S. installed anyhow and Mor-Ryde installs the I.S. where Zanetti's only does brakes. If doing just brakes Zanetti's was a little cheaper for the Kodiak disc brakes with 8k rotors by 2 or 3 hundred. I live just north of Houston and would have no problem driving to Weatherford for brakes. You live probably an hour from them. Good luck with what ever you do.
Yup, would take me about an hour. You think they are less expensive than a dealer? I know the dealer I usually use has a labor rate of $165 an hour. They do good work and stand behind it but are not cheap. Only place with lower rate is Camping World and I avoid that place like the plague.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #6
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I don't know about a dealer but they were a little cheaper than Mor-Ryde. I would think they would be cheaper than 165.00 per hour though. Dealers have a whole lot more overhead than most other places. They have to many layers before you get to the tech who actually does the work. The more the layers the more the money. Good luck.