Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Geocaching
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
rubble express
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6477
downloading waypoints

I'm having problems downloading waypoints to my GPS. I'm registered on the website, it's showing me the caches, the unit is hooked up to the computer via USB and is powered up, but the cache sites I've selected won't download. It keeps coming up to a Windows page that tells me to check and download the appropriate driver. When I do, nothing changes. Any suggestions?

rubble express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I do know that you need to join some sites before you can download the waypoints. Even tho you're registered, you may not have access to those sites.

This probably doesn't answer your question at all but it's just a thought.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
What brand and model GPS are you using? Also, what website? All this things make a difference.
db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
rubble express
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6477
I figured it out. I'm using a Garmin Colorado 300. I had to get the premium membership (PM) for $30. It gets me all the caches and makes things alot easier. Thanks.
rubble express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #5
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Glad you found the solution--even if it cost $30. I think you will find the Premium Membership is worth it. DeLorme just offerred free download software and the link to download is on the Geocache site. WOW! It really makes downloads slick! So--keep on cacheing and have alot of FUN.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote