Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
barmar
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8385
Original DVD/CD Player Quit!!

The original DVD/CD/AM/FM player/receiver just quit and I think it's toast! Would appreciate some ideas on replacing this system with something new and which will tie into or use the existing 5:1 surround sound system. Thanks, B

barmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
Mine's dead, too. Radio works, DVD is dead. The original unit is out of production with no "upgrades" available, either. Looking for a replacement myself.
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
coyoterick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10239
Here's what I did, unfortunately the new unit doesn't have outputs for the bedroom speakers. I've been wanting to put a switch in for them but haven't gotten around to it yet.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=44035

coyoterick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Ours died two years ago. I looked for some time to find a replacement with A/B speaker option. No luck. But we rarely used the bedroom speakers except when playing the iPod the the sound system so we don't really miss that feature.
You will need to get a DVD/home theater system to get the DVD, 5.1 sound, and FM/AM radio features in a single unit.
I went to Best Buy. They had a number of home theater systems, all came complete with new speakers (which I didn't think I needed). Mine is installed in a small slot in the cabinet below the TV so I was somewhat limited on what I could use. Bought a Panasonic Blu-ray home theater system as it was the nearest in size to the old one and I could install without cabinet mods. However, to use the new speakers I did have to open up the speaker openings in the cabinet a little. Used all the existing speaker wiring.
Bought the blu-ray since we already had a number of blu-ray DVDs and it wasn't too much more in price anyway. Actually the one we bought only has FM radio but we never use the radio in it so not problem for us.
The new system with the new speakers sounds much much better than the old no-name system we originally had.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote