Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
SLIDE LEAK AND DUST CORRECTIVE ACTION!!

Sorry for the long post, but I think it will anser allot of questions.

This kind of goes also to Les post about slide leak.

I think I have the solution for slide leaks of water or dust.

We have the problem with our 2005 3400 RL.

If you are getting road dirt on the carpet from the right side slide near the door and rear or around the entertaiment slide?
Or water into the Montana from the wheel well area.

Well I have the problem and took it to the dealership for warrenty repair and they said that the slides need adjusting.

WRONG!!

After looking at mine, I went and looked at a 2006 and there has been a CHANGE!!

What the problem is, the rubber that is attached to the corner pan does not go all the way to seal the slides when they are closed.

The rubber attaches on the corner pan that has a small drain hole in it.

The rubber is 6" long.

The 2006 I looked at the rubber is now a little longer about 8" and attaches to the rubber seal that runs along the trailer, where the slide comes in.

If you have the problem and it is under warrenty add it to your list to get it fixed.

If you are out of warrenty, it is no big deal to change it out.
You will not find this set-up on the bedroom slide.

If you have 2 other slides you will need 40" and if you have 3 other slides you need 60".

Cut the rubbers so that on the end that will butts up to the rubber along the slide there is about 3/4" of the solid core sticking out
All you need to do it open up the slides, pull the rubbers out from the corners and then take your 8" or 9" piece and put it in place to measure off properly to cut off the end ofg the piece along the trailer part.

Put the solid core into the end of the existing rubber and then put the rubber back on the corner pan.

You will need to put some rubber cement on the part taht attaches to teh coach.

Hope this will help people with slide leaks or a dirty carpet.

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote