Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
boatmates

M.O.C. #9405
Dimplex Fireplace

I am looking for some advice relative to the Dimplex Fireplace in our 2009 3465 SA anniversary edition. We purchase our rig new in May of last year and leave it at a lake front site 7 months. when purchased, the dealer told us to just keep a list of problems that develop and then at the end of the season setup an appointment to bring the 5vr in and have all repairs done; We did that and that turned into a nightmare, but that is another story all together. In any case, our Fireplace failed with the symptoms being that it would onl run for a short period of time and then turn off. The dealer said not to worry that they would replace the unit, which they did, but the new unit did not have a remote control. We have been told by the dealer and Keystone that they do not do fir places with remote controls any longer and I find this hard to believe. Anyone else have this same experience? Thanks. dtrees

boatmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Mine doesn't have a remote control but I had the same problem with it shutting off. I called Dimplex and found out that there is a fix for that. They sent me a new bottom plate with more vent holes in it. I replaced the old one with the new and no more problem. I asked to have it shipped to me since I'm more than capable of changing it out and the dealer is 90 miles from my house.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Our 2010 SOB has two Dimplex Fireplaces and the one in the living area is remote control the bed room isn't. I don't think Dimplex has stopped making remote control. You know its really a selling point. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
bjj5633
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9546
I had the same problem but like jim said call them and they will send the new part. They sent the plate along with a new motor, they said It wasn't getting enough air. Works great now.
bjj5633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
When we bought our rig 15 months ago, they told us the fireplace had a remote. On delivery it was not there, and someone said it no longer come with one. I called the Dimplex people, told them my model number, and yes, it was offered with a remote. They sent one out, and we are good to go!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote