Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Thermostat

I have a 2005 3295rk and have a ghost in my thermostat,it will turn on the heat all by itself with the timer light on which I didn't set.This has been going on for some time.It doesn't happen often but the last time it happened we came back to our Monty and the heat was on for a long time.I took the battery's out of the remote thinking it was getting a signal from the remote but it still did it,so it's not the remote.I would like to change the thermostat but I don't know which one to get that will match up the wire ring that is preset.I don't need the remote if there is a thermostat that I can set manually. I'm sure someone has done this could you please tell me a compatible thermostat to replace mine with. Any help would be appreciated.

garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Dometic has a replacement unit for the remote system. You need to contact them with the model and serial number of your system. They will supply you with a control box that replaces the unit in the air conditioner and a thermostat that replaces the sensor on the wall. That cured our issues with our remote system. Once it got to about 84 degrees inside I had to pull the fuses to get it to shut off
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
dcowie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3207
I have a 2005 2980RL that had problems with the remote.
It was replaced under warranty in our first year.
Try this part number 3109228.001 - COMFORT CLIMATE CONTROL,
3109226.005 - ELECTRONIC KIT. These codes came from my vendors work order (North Trail RV Center in Ft Myers, FL.) The codes could be
either theirs or Keystone's. Hope it helps.
dcowie is offline   Reply With Quote