Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2023 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2023, 08:10 AM   #161
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
After a brief blood pressure spike, my interpretation of the cancellations on the "Parking Team" proved to be in error. Whew. I thought I done pissed everyone off. So for those that I sent a pm to about cancelling, please disregard every thing after bon journo. I was so hoping for the coup. I guess Putin can have his time share back. You all drive safe and see you in a week.

Woodyswanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 01:35 PM   #162
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodyswanch View Post
That's where we're from. How are you routing yourself to Goshen?
I'll PM you. Be better if I could figure out a way to share a Google map. Used a trucker atlas to ensure no low bridges.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:06 AM   #163
fun2bweis
Established Member

M.O.C. #28723
Quote:
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, it does. Jeff and Anna Fryer have offered to host the Tuesday night "Parking Team" pre-brief with a chili dinner. All you need to bring is a chair and a beverage. Spouses optional. I mean spouses optimally welcome. (darn auto spell) We have moved the time of the meeting up to six PM to allow the taste buds to cool before business. Jeff has assured me that his chili is not searing but he will have the add ons if you want to feel the burn. Those in and outside the park are welcome. We don't have site numbers yet so I will let everyone know when they become available. It would help if you could give me a heads up if you are planning to attend the aforementioned chili thingy. That's it for now. Stay real and practice safe parking.
We're staying in Nappanee on the 5th and plan to be at the meeting. I see from above that the meeting is now at 6 pm rather than 7 pm. Is this the correct time?
fun2bweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 10:21 AM   #164
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2bweis View Post
We're staying in Nappanee on the 5th and plan to be at the meeting. I see from above that the meeting is now at 6 pm rather than 7 pm. Is this the correct time?

Are you there for the apple festival? The Fryers are hosting a chili dinner that we will start at six. Seven is still the proposed meeting time but as with everything at the rally that is not in print you have to be flexible. We're eating early as the sun goes down about eight. The meeting could last ten minutes or an hour. Who knows what evil lurks, other then the shadow that is. Bring chairs and beverages if you come to the chili fest. Just chairs and beverages if you come to the meeting. ONE WEEK AWAY. woohoo.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:33 AM   #165
fun2bweis
Established Member

M.O.C. #28723
Quote:
Are you there for the apple festival? The Fryers are hosting a chili dinner that we will start at six. Seven is still the proposed meeting time but as with everything at the rally that is not in print you have to be flexible. We're eating early as the sun goes down about eight. The meeting could last ten minutes or an hour. Who knows what evil lurks, other then the shadow that is. Bring chairs and beverages if you come to the chili fest. Just chairs and beverages if you come to the meeting. ONE WEEK AWAY. woohoo.
The Apple Festival doesn't begin until the 14th. We'll miss the chili dinner but will be at the 7 pm meeting. Look forward to meeting you and others in a week.
M.O.C. #28723
fun2bweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:50 AM   #166
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Lisa S- Thanks for volunteering. You must have felt guilty as your hubby has volunteered twice. Are the two of you going to make it to the chili fest?
Old 09-02-2023, 07:57 AM   #167
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Lisa just proved the point that it is never too late to join the "Parking Team". We can still use more due to attrition from cancellations. I had to cancel the bobble head order because the manufacturer made me look old and round. So unless I can find someone who can attach an atlas body to a moderately updated and improved face, we won't have them ready this year either. Safe travels to all "Parking Team" members and all the other rally attendees also.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:34 PM   #168
Glenna
Established Member

M.O.C. #21213
chilli dinner

Jim and Glenna Jones will be at the Chilli dinner and parking meeting on Tuesday. Let us know the site number

Thanks,
Glenna
Glenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 12:37 PM   #169
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
We don't have the Fryer's site number yet. If I don't get a chance to publish it on this thread, just look for a large cluster of people in the 400 loop. BYOB and chairs.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:52 PM   #170
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
The Fryer's just got back from the ND game and are putting together their shopping list for Costco for the Charity drive and what appears to be the biggest batch of chili I have every produced at one time. Should be a real good time and just because the official meeting may end the festivities don't need to, not sayin just sayin! BTW we aren't planning anything for dessert except of course night caps so if anyone wants to bring any sweets you're welcome too.
Jfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:15 PM   #171
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Sweets? I may have to switch to a Rye blend. Sounds like we can just follow our noses to the right place. Lights out at 0200 for the "Parking Team". We're going to need everyone semi rested for Wednesday. Bring a spare t-shirt, it's going to be a hot one.
Old 09-02-2023, 07:35 PM   #172
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Warning, warning

I have just been informed that the fairground will not be ready to accommodate campers until after 2PM eastern time on Tuesday the fifth. While this may change I would try to time my arrival for no earlier than 2PM. Remember when I mentioned flexibility and patience. We are there. Good luck, we're all counting on you.
Old 09-03-2023, 06:46 AM   #173
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
June and I should be able to attain.

We'll be staying at Elkhart Campground on the 5th.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 08:02 AM   #174
Kfinnert
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32153
Woodyswanch -

My wife told me that you were seeking additional volunteers! AND, you offered $30 cash if we could arrive on the 5th! I am in!!!

We will be in South Bend on the 5th, and it is a short drive (according to RV Life Trip Wizard) to the Rally location. I can shift from staying at the Elks Lodge in South Bend to the Rally the day before and help with the parking detail! I don't know much about directing traffic, but I am really good at following directions - I have been married for 41 years and all to the same person!

Best part of all, you don't have to pay me for the pleasure, or frustration, of my help!!!

Just let me know!!!

Kevin Finnerty
209-652-0027
Kfinnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 09:26 AM   #175
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Kevin F- You're in, starting the sixth. We train all newbees to the highest of standards. We don't even charge tuition. You'll be a journeyman in no time. It also gives you bragging rites around campfires in the future.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:05 AM   #176
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Gran Poobah

I Googled the word "Leader". There was this example after the usual definition.....

"Woody is the leader, and hence the Gran Poobah of the illustrious Parking Team"

Little wonder Woody holds his parking teams to such high standards!!!
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:44 AM   #177
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Actually my evaluator on my last evaluation said, and I quote, "He robbed a village of a perfectly good idiot". So...
Old 09-03-2023, 03:27 PM   #178
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
He couldn't have been to far on that statement, Woody! See you on the 6th!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 05:56 PM   #179
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
Steve K-thanks for volunteering. You are up for the last to join award. Now all of the rest of you sand bagging, lolly gagging, closet "Parking Team" members need to step forward. When are you coming in Steve? Can you make the chili fest? The Fryers may need to up gauge the pot.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:56 PM   #180
Cbrez
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28306
Would like to join you for chili and the meeting on the 5th. We’re in Shipshewana and will arrive noon on the 6th.
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote