Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #1
tdactyl

M.O.C. #23407
HC 385BR Question

Hello everyone. The Mrs. and I are looking to upgrade our Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 and saw the Montana HC 385BH that caught our eyes. I'm not finding any direct reviews on this unit, so thought I would check if anyone here has this unit or at least can provide some knowledge on the Montana 5er's as a whole. I did find one negative review online, and that person stated that the living area could never keep cool in the summertime. That is something we deal with in our current rig and with this camper being even more open and bigger than what we currently have, I fear that is going to be an even bigger issue. Is there any experience with anyone using their Montana's in 100+ degree sticky Nebraska weather? Does the "den" of the 385BH unit keep cool? We would be pulling the jack-knife and hideabed from it and adding dog crates for it to become the dog room. We're hoping to purchase this weekend assuming we hear good feedback! Thanks a bunch!

tdactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Can't comment on your model, but we summer in Kansas and attend the Central Plains Rally in Nebraska every summer (please mark it on your calander and attend), so we do know about the heat. I'm not sure about HC's but regular Monty's all come wired and ready to install a third AC unit. Ask your dealer. If you check for past threads you'll see that there are several ways to do that but it will solve your heat problems. You can also PM me for more info since we have one.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #3
tdactyl

M.O.C. #23407
Thanks for the reply! I know the Montana (non High Country) models can have a 3rd unit, but don't see it as an available option on the High Country line. Would definitely solve my problem - just can't do the 13k difference in price between the two that are nearly identical floor plans.
tdactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Not the same model but ours handles the AZ heat fine with the standard two 15K A/Cs as long as you don't let it get real hot inside before you turn the air on. We don't have much humidity but we do have plenty of 105-115 days.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
385bh