Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Leaving MOC

I have been reading/posting here for about 5 years and the MOC forum has been very helpful. Our Mountaineer seemed to have just about every problem that one could expect to have and the advise here was helpful. About three months ago we traded our trailer in as the problems seemed to have no end in sight. I have found a new owners club that is very much like the MOC. It is hard for us to believe that we have lived in our new trailer for 3 months with nothing leaking, breaking, quitting, etc. RVing is fun once again.

Bye all,
Mike

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Just because you have another SOB doesn't mean you have to leave. I also changed brands, but not for the same reasons as you did. But I still frequent the MOC because I feel I have met some good people here and want to keep in touch with them. You might be suprised the same things that happens to Montana's happens to other brands also.

Congrats on getting rid of your problem, and the purchase of your new travel trailer.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Mike, just like Dave said you don't have to leave because you have purchased a different brand of RV, before owning a Montana, we had an Outback trailer and belonged to their website/chat board. I am still a member of that site and find both sites to be informative and entertaining.

Parts Ed
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Goodbye, Mike. Was nice to have you around. I am like you, not a hanger on. If I trade, I will move on. I hope you find some really good relationships on your new forum. Thanks for notifying us of your departure.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Happy trails....
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Enjoy your Big Horn, our friends have one.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #7
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
hmmmmmmmmmm, guess I know where a few are coming from. Myabe it is time to move on Clutch. Just seems there is more to this site than just owning a Montana. I have made some good aquaintences here and would like to stay in touch. Guess we will have to re-think this a little.

Sorry if I assumed more.
Dave

Old 04-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Unless something on the forum has changed, the only person that can terminate a member is an administrator (or a moderator I think??). I personally feel that since you owned a Montana and have experience with a Montana, that there may still be contributions that the ongoing membership can use. There are many members who have moved on to other rigs and still make valuable contributions. As with anything on the forum, the ultimate choice is yours alone, but I truly hope that you do not feel pressure to leave or re-think your presence. Just my thoughts and ramblings, if I am incorrect, I am sure a moderator will let me know.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:22 AM   #9
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

hmmmmmmmmmm, guess I know where a few are coming from. Myabe it is time to move on Clutch. Just seems there is more to this site than just owning a Montana. I have made some good aquaintences here and would like to stay in touch. Guess we will have to re-think this a little.

Sorry if I assumed more.
Dave

I'm thinking perhaps you took some posts the wrong way. There are folks that post on here quite frequently that are SOB. Heck, if I were SOB, I'd have to come over here just to agitate a few folks.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I agree with Stiles. If we moved on to another brand we we would try to find a group that represented that brand. Friendships made here on the MOC will be lasting ones and have nothing to do with owning a Montana. If I owned a Hitch hiker I would want to know about issues related to that brand. We have friendships with folks who own many different brands.

Of course if a former Montana owner wishews to continue that is OK as long as the Admin allows it..

we belonmg a post on a Ford Diesel forum. If we owned a Chevy we would be on that forum..,
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I am on 3 RV forums. Note the term "RV." That is what we all are. We just have specific brands and some forums are better suited for information on a specific brand. However, we "all" share many of the instruments that are in "all" brands. Take for example the refrigerator. In most cases it is a Norcold or Dometic model. The Norcold recall pertains to "all" Norcold models specified in their recall notice, not to just one specific brand of RV.

There are many other areas that we share a common interest. A good campground to stay at, for another example. The roads we travel that there are problems that are encountered. And the list goes on. I "was" a Montana owner, but now I am just another SOB. I met many of you at the Rally last fall, and I was in the SOB. That was your time to talk up if I'm not welcome, and I hope I am. I think I can continue to benefit, and contribute to this forum. I hope other SOB's feel the same way.

Thanks for letting me stay, but if you need me to leave it will be with sadness.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Exactly my point, Wayne!! Thanks, and besides, every now and then you get a chuckle out of me!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
My point is that yes I do have another brand which I also belong to there forum and meeting folks there also. What I was saying because I owned a Montana for 4 yrs and learned from this site a lot about the Montana's I also become accoustomed to the people I talked with here. I happen to like quite a few of you folks and I didn't want to just say, well I don't own one anymore so therefore we have nothing in common.

But as Wayne said, its very common that these RV's have a lot of the same components, the same recalls etc. But if the moderator, or a few others says that we must go, then it will be a sad day for all of us.

And thanks Bingo, you are one of the ones I enjoy reading the posts. Lots of laughs and also a lot of good info. There are a lot of you out there I would miss.

Thank You MOC
Dave
Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #14
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I still consider myself an active member of the MOC even though it has been several years since we have owned a Montana. I am on the MOC forum almost every day. I do limit my postings to subjects which are of general RVing interest. I especially avoid entirely any critical comments about Montana [not that I have any anyway!]

We have met some wonderful friends here, some of them in person and others we feel like we know through their contributions on the forum. We have had three couples to park their Montana's in our back yard.

I am not posting this in conflict with anyone or any post, it is really to say how much we appreciate this virtual community and how welcome we still feel.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #15
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
I agree with those who, like us, are no longer Montana owners but who still follow the Montana Owner's Forum. My contributions as a motorhome owner are few and infrequent but I do make an occasional contribution when appropriate. I thoroughly enjoy both the general information provided on this forum and follow the postings of a few of the true "characters" that hang out here.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #16
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
I am also in an SOB at present but that doesn't mean we'll be staying in it. My wife and I are looking at a 3750 (I believe that is the correct number -- has the rear bedroom and the LR is up on the front upper section. A beautiful coach!!) Bottom line - just because we have moved to a different brand that met (or meets) our immediate needs does not mean we won't be Montana owners again.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote