Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
PlowedRhodes

M.O.C. #26310
Water in sinks

When we bought our high country last year , I noticed the water didn’t drain all the way out of the sink. The drains are slightly higher than what I think they should be in order to drain 100 percent. Does it sound like they were installed incorrectly?

Rick Rhodes

PlowedRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
A picture would help. Just off hand I would check to make sure they drain hardware is seated correctly, doesn't have too much plumbers putty under it and it tightened down.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:18 PM   #3
Jhedrick770

M.O.C. #26555
Sink won't drain

We just bought our Montana two weeks ago and started full timing in it a week ago. Our sink just stopped up today. Did you get your issue figured out? Any tips from fixing it that may apply to my problem? I already checked the catch it's not that. I'm also brand new to this so I might need any answers dumbed down for me.
Jhedrick770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #4
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhedrick770 View Post
We just bought our Montana two weeks ago and started full timing in it a week ago. Our sink just stopped up today. Did you get your issue figured out? Any tips from fixing it that may apply to my problem? I already checked the catch it's not that. I'm also brand new to this so I might need any answers dumbed down for me.
What model do you have? Which sink is not draining? Have you dumped all your holding tanks. Probably have at least 3. A black for the toilet, a grey for shower and lavatory sink, and a grey galley tank for kitchen sink.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #5
Jhedrick770

M.O.C. #26555
It's a HM362RD. We have 2 grey and 2 black tanks. The kitchen sink is the one stopped up. We have the grey lines left open to drain and they are both showing empty.
Jhedrick770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Jesse- I think you got your answer to your galley sink holding water and the tank gauge showing empty in your other post so I guess I won't give you my opinion on this one!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #7
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhedrick770 View Post
It's a HM362RD. ....We have 2 grey and 2 black tanks...
I think Montana is going in the wrong directions with adding more tanks. Some of the high end diesel pushers are going to one big tank....less pipes, fittings, valves, etc...for black and gray combined.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #8
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Your kitchen sink tank (galley tank) will have a separate pull handle. And that pull handle is typically somewhere besides the convenience center. Mine is just in front of the wheels on the street side. Look underneath the trailer in front of or behind the wheels.

Edit. Oops. Looks like you got two threads going on the same subject and got your answer on the other.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #9
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLightning View Post
I think Montana is going in the wrong directions with adding more tanks. Some of the high end diesel pushers are going to one big tank....less pipes, fittings, valves, etc...for black and gray combined.
I think it has to do with balance. The 5th wheel is like a teeter totter. My old DP had huge tanks for everything, diesel, water and the gray and black.
They also took up a lot of room in the belly.
prndl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #10
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlowedRhodes View Post
When we bought our high country last year , I noticed the water didn’t drain all the way out of the sink. The drains are slightly higher than what I think they should be in order to drain 100 percent. Does it sound like they were installed incorrectly?

Rick Rhodes
How much water is staying in the sink?
Old 07-12-2020, 08:50 AM   #11
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
A lot of diy or half ass plumbers, install kitchen sink basket strainer incorrectly.

Most come with a black rubber washer and a cardboard ? washer.
The strainer goes in from the top with plumbers putty (or I like to use clear silicon).
From the bottom, the rubber washer goes on first, then the cardboard washer, then the nut/ring.
The cardboard washer allows the nut to spin and tighten up without grabbing the rubber washer.

A lot of installs I have seen have the rubber washer on the top side, between the strainer and sink. This raises up the strainer and does not allow all the water to drain out
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote