Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
There are probably better places to buy a cover but I know Camping World carries them.

Some folks here are successfully using a cover and perhaps can give you some good advice. Others of us have had bad experiences with them and will never again use a cover. Be sure yours breathes and has some method to allow for airflow so you don't hold in the moisture and thus introduce mildew. That's a real and serious problem with some covers. Also, be sure yours will not move in the wind and damage the finish on the outside. I covered a 1963 Chevy Impala convertible for the winter once and in the spring found all the paint rubbed off the knife edges and corners in the sheetmetal. Most of us do not cover our Montanas during the winter. We used to get ten or twelve inches of snow on ours along with ice, rain, etc. Never hurt it. But you can successfully use a cover, just be sure you understand and cover all of the potential problems. Maybe others can give you some pointers for that.

Good luck. I don't mean to try to convince you not to cover; I just want you to be aware of potential problems so you can avoid them.

If you decide not to cover the rig, then I would recommend an AC unit cover for the winter. Also available at CW and many RV stores and dealers.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote