Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Hoosier Hospitiality

The September Fall Rally is not that far off and I was checking the list of attendees and I am confused. Where are all the Hoosier MOC'ers. Here we are having a Rally just a few hours drive from most anyplace in Indiana and we only have 3 units signed up. The Hoosier delegation is going to be kinda smalllllll if someone don't get on the ball. I am issuing a challenge here for the Hoosiers of this forum to at least spend a couple of days with us - I know school is back in session but drive up on Friday night and stay till Sunday at least. Who knows next years rally might be in - Gulp - Ohio or Kentucky and we may have to go get passports and shots to attend those.

indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Being from the great state of Ohio, not nice!!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I can't think for Phill, Steve, but I don't think he meant to insult Ohio. I believe he meant that if people can't attend a rally in their own state, they'll really think a trip to another state is complicated. I encourage everyone to sign up soon as we don't have too many slots left for Hoosiers or folks from any state.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
No insults directed here except to my fellow hoosiers to get off their duffs and do something. I think some of my fellow campers don't bother to get out of their own neighborhood. I honestly think the guy down the street from me who has a nice looking Colorado TT actually camps in his driveway.
The message is to my fellow hoosiers is we don't have to get passports to leave this great state. There is a whole world out there to explore so why not take advantage of something close that don't cost you an arm and leg plus mortage the house for gas money to attend the rally.
Sorry- just had to vent a little - I feel better now.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:48 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are many folks from the Hoosier State way up here in Canada at the FCRV rally ..739 Units from all over Canada and The USA. For the fall rally we we nearby in Ohio ..now you Hoosiers would not want Ohio to out represent you...would you?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:16 AM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Phil, I was laughing when I read your original post about your fellow Hoosiers. No insults here! This will be our 4th trip tp Goshen, third for the MOC rally and once to visit the Keystone factory. Hope to see you at the Fall Rally, stop by and I'll buy you a beer! Also, don't forget, Indiana is part of thr Great Lakes Region, so we are hosting this years rally in Springfield Ohio and you could join us the weekend of August 24th, 25th,26 and 27th. Either way, we'll look you up to say hello.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:38 AM   #7
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Rich would you bring a spare old Ohio license plate with you so I can put on my unit so I won't have to hang my head in shame.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
I'm an ex-Hoosier and I'll be there - does that count?
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #9
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Bless you Sunshine - at this point in the game I will take anything on the plus side.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
A rally is a fun event, in and of itself, but if MOCers can't be enticed by a tour through the factory, a huge flea market, and the Mennonite Relief Sale, there's no hope for them to show up. This rally will have more to off than any rally I've ever attended. Including a bunch of nice people with a wealth of RVing experience.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:06 AM   #11
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Got that right Judy. We are 40 miles from Redmond, and when the GNAR was there last year we took the Monty and stayed right there. That was our first rally and we wanted to see if we were going to like the experience. Minden was our first Montana rally and we liked that even better. Now we are starting to plan some of our trips in the Monty around the rallies. Maybe some people think that at a rally they have to be with the group all the time. We like the fact that you can participate as much or as little as you like in group activities and you are with people who have the same brand RV so you can discuss in person all the things that come up on the forum.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:57 AM   #12
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I agree - I am looking forward to being with some with same interest. Maybe somebody can show me how to unhook from my pickup. Just kidding, I am looking forward to some face to face discussions with those in the "know", I must have some Mo. mule in me as I need some "show me" explainations.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
And when you meet other owners from the forum you feel like you're meeting old friends. And, sometimes you are!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Phil, that unhooking can be a challenge sometimes. I don't know if that was just a teaser or if you really are having some problems with it. I sometimes have to put the landing gear down, then back into the Montana, set the emergency brake, then I can get the handle to release. Other times it's much easier.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:02 AM   #15
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Steve, I was just being funny. I work for a trucking company as an instructor and I have tought coupling and uncoupling and pre and post trip inspections on single and doubles for years.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:46 AM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Maybe you have some pointers for the rest of us!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ya got me, Phil. Maybe we could get you to give us all some tips at the rally.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #18
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Well, there needs to be some pre-planning for these types of occasions. I teach our Semi Drivers safe driving techniques as I am a qualified Smith System driving instructor. We teach the 5 keys to space cushion driving proper coupling and uncoupling, handling dollie hooks and pre-trip inspections. This is something we can all use but that is about a 3 hour presentation course.