Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
we are full timers

Hey All,

Well we made it. As of 5:45 pm Eastern Daylight time we are now and forever will be FULL TIMERS. Too bad we don't drink or we would have opened a bottle of Champagne... Sofia and I want to thank all of you on this thread and forum for all your help and kind words and putting up with had to be some very silly question's from us.

You all made it possible for us to take on this new venture that we hope can last for the 10 to 15 years or hopefully more.

Sofia and I were married in 1974. Bought our first home in 1975. We have had only 3 homes in the last 45 years. Los Angeles from 1975 to 1998. San Diego from 1998 to 2012. Waynesville NC from 2012 till today (July 8th is closing). The home's were a no brainier. Going into this Montana took a lot of research for the last 6 month's. It was almost easier to do the construction remodel's on 2 of the 3 home's then to do this venture.

Anyway, Again thank you thank you thank you for all your help.

May GOD keep blessing you always and hope to meet you on down the road of full timing and camping........

46 years married (Dam I been in prison that long)
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:05 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the full time lifestyle as much as we do.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Congratulations and first stop is where?
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #4
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
Congratulations and first stop is where?
Don't know where we will be going. All of our plan's got cancelled by the covid-19. So we will stay in our neighborhood for a while. Hope to be in California this winter to see the family.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Congratulations enjoy your new life style.
Is this something you had always wonted to do? Or did you just get tired of all that goes with a house.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:36 AM   #6
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Congratulations enjoy your new life style.
Is this something you had always wonted to do? Or did you just get tired of all that goes with a house.
Lynwood
Hi Lynwood,

It was a little of both. We have all way's been into camping. My Dad gave us his Airstream when we were first married and we would park at the beach and go to work from there for about 2 to 3 weeks at a time and loved it. Then family started and of course we had to have a home for the kids. We have 4 daughters 3 of them were adopted. I don't think the adoption agency would loved it if we were living in the trailer at the time. But we kept on camping. Got our first 5th wheeler back in 1994 when the kids were in there teen's.

When Sofia and I turned 55 in 2010 we retired and traveled with a 5th wheel for about 4 to 6 months at a time. We were running into full timers and we were all way's asking question's to them about the full timing life style. Of course we saw some of the bad that goes with it also. The poor folk's that were living in broken down trailer's that should have not even been out on the road.

But what happen here was my older brother took sick and I took him in to care for him. He and his wife were living in a car at the time and his health was really bad. He passed away almost 2 years ago and the sister in law went back to be with her family. So we were in this huge house with just the 2 of us on 22 acres of land and very big electric bill's (all electric home). started to travel more with the trailer and I started to go to Motorcycle show's around the country. I got into a toy hauler, cheap one, and we were kind of full timing with it. When this last winter came up on us. Not a lot of snow but very very cold (15 to 22 deg's for about a month). We froze being inside that toy hauler. was not a 4 season trailer.

We were at a trailer show back in January back in California when we saw the Montana line up. Sofia 1 question was how cold can you live in the trailer before you freeze up..LOL We both liked the answer and then we saw it. The front bathroom 3931FB. We both fell in love with the floor plan and we had to get one. So that's where we are at now. This was our second night and it been great. We had everything done and put away when we moved in here on Friday. So hopefully we should be good to go...

I didn't mean to write you a novel but you did ask and this was the only way I new how to answer you. again Lynwood thanks for all of you help with us and also you kindness. That mean's a lot to Sofia and myself.

May you be Blessed by GOD the all mighty one all way's

Charlie

Old 07-05-2020, 10:16 AM   #7
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Well, with your background and experiences, and of course a great partner, it looks like you are going to really enjoy all the new adventures and trails. You know that this place, the MOC... Well, it is the Montana owners' go to for support. Laurie and I with a bit of envy, wish you well.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:21 AM   #8
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandlaurie View Post
Laurie and I with a bit of envy, wish you well.
Thank you very much for the good wishes but why the ENVY? From what I have seen and talk to you guys via the forum you have a Montana, and good TV, and having fun. sound's pretty good to us.

again thank you and thank you for all you help and input to us. We all need to meet sometime soon, but looks like next year.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:08 PM   #9
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
So far so good. We are still trying to get things in order like with the kitchen and bathrooms. We are coming n from a 3000 square home into what 500 square feet. So some of our bigger pots and pan had to go. Some things that were in a few drawers at home are now in one or two. So it is that kind of stuff. We got lucky at the campground that is going to be our address the owner has let us put up a storage shed. That is helping out a lot. Got the outside storage about 80% done. But as Maxwell Smart would have said....FULL TIMING AND LOVING IT............

Old 07-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #10
Frank64
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24370
Congratulations and safe travels
Old 07-12-2020, 01:28 PM   #11
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Congratulations! My wife and I went full time on March 31st this year and found that we really love it, more than sticks and bricks (for sale). Amazing to me that Jeannette has a lot of stuff, and I can’t emphasize the “a lot” enough. She is living happier without it than with it which was our greatest fear. So now we are pleasantly and hopefully permanently in the full timers community with you. Enjoy.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:38 PM   #12
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Congratulations to you. Hope you get what you hope out of it. But honestly I could never live fulltime in this cracker box. After 3 to 4 month in our Montana, I have got to get the hell out of it. I am a stick house kind of guy, we love our Montana, but thats where it ends.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #13
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Congrats on becoming full timers. Though we split our time among our 3 fivers, with a bit of time in a rental property in central Mexico, we consider ourselves full timers.
Hope you enjoy this lifestyle as much as we do!
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote