Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2015, 02:42 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dog, or more correct, dog owner manners

I am sitting on the couch drinking my coffee looking out the window at the campground.
Behind us is a where couple of gals live with a beautiful Border Collie they walk 3 or 4 times a day, the dog potty/run is a short distance away. But their dog potty area is anyone's site, occupied or not, that the dog does it's biness'
Just now I watched it do a #2 In My Space, right behind my rear carrier.
I can't help but think little bits of 'stuff' are left behind each time, even with the plastic bag method of pickup, And the #1, well it just stays there.
How lazy and inconsiderate of a person are you when you do this...
Am I just an old grouch.. Probably.. But concerning this topic, what say you?
I will complain about it to the park management.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:57 AM   #2
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
Ozz
You may be an OG, but these owners need a 'correction'. The park mgmt provided a dog run for a good reason.
Complain away, you have my vote.

-Steve

sapest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:15 AM   #3
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
If us OG can pick up after our pooch(es) so can the young whippersnappers. They are just lazy, rude and inconsiderate. The way I handle it is if I catch 'em in the act, I speak up and ask them as they start to walk away "would you like a bag to pick that up?" If they get confrontational, then I turn them in to the park management.
I do the same thing at the stick house.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:21 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I understand where you are coming from. We do have a dog, and when I walk her to do her business I always try to get her to a dog run if available, or at least away from other sites. Unfortunately I cannot just say "Molly, hold it until we get to a proper place". I try to keep her moving and never let her stop on someone else's site, but sometimes she just quickly squats and does it at an inconvenient place. And all I can do is bag it the best I can.

I do agree that those who routinely let their dog visit other people's sites should be reported to management, even if they pick up after their dogs.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:27 AM   #5
tony d
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17769
We have three small dogs and we keep them in the middle of the road until we get to the dog run. I would get ticked off if I saw someone letting their dog do business outside my trailer.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:54 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CORattler

If us OG can pick up after our pooch(es) so can the young whippersnappers. They are just lazy, rude and inconsiderate. The way I handle it is if I catch 'em in the act, I speak up and ask them as they start to walk away "would you like a bag to pick that up?" If they get confrontational, then I turn them in to the park management.
We treat "the offenders" the same way. Except for the last year we have always camped with at least one dog in our family and always respected others space and used the dog runs. It is a problem that we are encountering all too often now.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:41 AM   #7
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
As long as they pick it up, we don't have a problem
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:21 AM   #8
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
I have a problem with the owners allowing their dog to "whizz" on items on my site. A small stack of logs for a fire, a flag holder, etc... I have to concern myself with picking up the wood or the flag holders and having the urine on my hands. Also, picking up with the bag is a must, but not all is picked up, especially at night, and if "it: is not solid.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:25 AM   #9
NRA-Girl
Established Member

M.O.C. #17410
Quote:
quote:[i]Originally posted by Ozz
I would leave a bag of burning dog poo on your steps.

As long as someone picks it up - no problem. The squirrels and raccoons come out at night and poop on your lot too. And they don't pick it up.

Its a "Dog RUN" Not Dog Toilet. Its a place to take the dogs off leash and let them run. I've seen one or two places that said to take your dog there to do its business... Good luck with that. "Now Zeus, I want you to hold that big morning dumper till we get 500' to the other end of the park."

Geeze... Really?
One Goodyear Tire at a Time.
NRA-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Here's my take. When walking a dog stick to the public areas with your animal, like driving areas, dog runs, roads, etc. Never go into another campsite, occupied or not since for the occupant or potential occupent they should be the ones to decide what kind of "crap" goes on in their site.

tony d has the right idea. And BB_TX reinforces the fact that if you are walking your pooch and it gets THAT urge and you are staying out of the more private areas by habit, then you don't infringe on others.

Whatever your stance, I do agree Ozz is an old grouch, but in a nice way.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:46 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NRA-Girl

Quote:
quote:[i]Originally posted by Ozz
I would leave a bag of burning dog poo on your steps.

Nice....

As long as someone picks it up - no problem. The squirrels and raccoons come out at night and poop on your lot too. And they don't pick it up.

Its a "Dog RUN" Not Dog Toilet. Its a place to take the dogs off leash and let them run. I've seen one or two places that said to take your dog there to do its business... Good luck with that. "Now Zeus, I want you to hold that big morning dumper till we get 500' to the other end of the park."

Geeze... Really?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:18 PM   #12
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Got to wonder how folks would feel if my bag of litter box leavings breaks as I cross their space. Even if I picked it up again. If the dog poops or pees while your dragging them to the proper area, well that's life. If your standing there with a limp leash while they do there business in the wrong place, in my eyes that's something different. I'm with Ozz and if I'm not an old geezer my mirror is lying to me again.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #13
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Got to wonder how folks would feel if my bag of litter box leavings breaks as I cross their space. Even if I picked it up again. If the dog poops or pees while your dragging them to the proper area, well that's life. If your standing there with a limp leash while they do there business in the wrong place, in my eyes that's something different. I'm with Ozz and if I'm not an old geezer my mirror is lying to me again.
x2, including the old geezer part!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:24 AM   #14
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Go get them and let them have it especially if on your site. There the ones who give dog owners a bad name. I HATE poop on my shoes. and on my tires.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:24 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I want to thank folks for contributing to my thread, if that is the right word, appreciate the thoughts.
All of you have a very Merry Christmas.
And stay safe out there, we worked hard to get here, make it last
Old 12-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #16
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Ozz I agree that it happens to often. Years ago I had a couple of ladies letting their dogs pee all over my site and my trucks tires. They were not very far from the dog park and I got in the face a bit. They said it was just natural for dogs to pee on everything. I told them to move along but first I asked them what sites they were in so I could have my kids go there and piss all over their site. They thought I was rude., imagine that. I said it is just natural for kids to pee and what was the difference between kids and dogs? They did not seem to like me. I am tired of people letting their animals pee or poop all over other peoples sites and or rigs.

Tom Marty
Old 12-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #17
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We rented our old home place to a wonderful young couple with 7 kids, 6 boys one poor little girl, now 8 boys. The oldest was the girl. She was 8. The boys had a dead tree in the yard they called the pee tree. They were wonderful.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #18
tony d
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17769
So I had the trailer out this weekend and the people next to me walked their dogs over to the vacant lot next to mine to let the do their business while I was standing there. I told them there was a dog park right around the corner, but they said it was too dirty/muddy and would rather keep their dogs on the clean grass. I told them it was dry even though it rained last night and that it used to be grassy a couple year ago, but with the drought they shut the sprinklers off in that area. I don't think they got the hint.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #19
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Hints are a waste of time with rude people.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:48 PM   #20
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CORattler

well not that I`m a jerk but if had happened to me I would have raised my window and said in no uncertain terms to take your dog else where you idiot.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote