Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
3600 (RL?)

Went to Burnside in Gaylord today. Found out a few things - Glenn could probably confirm.

Biggest news: When I asked if he had any 3000RKs in stock he told me no, but he expected one in mid January "along with one new 3600". I said, "Excuse me???". I then proceeded to grill him, but he didn't have a lot of info. It's the same length as the 3400 and the now defunct 3670. It has 3 slides. He has NO idea what the floor plan looks like, but I can guess what if DOESN'T look like. He said they discontinued the 3670 because it was a slow mover, so I assume the floor plan will NOT look like the 3670. How's that for specific info?

He also informed me that the new front caps AND the Mor/Ryde suspensions will not start coming off the line until mid-March.

Glenn, as soon as get a 3600 (RL?) floor plan, I'm sure we would all like to see it... especially Rich and I.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
More changes coming on the horizon? Oh how I cannot wait to see. =) Keep us informed Dave.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Went to Burnside in Gaylord today. Found out a few things - Glenn could probably confirm.
Biggest news: When I asked if he had any 3000RKs in stock he told me no, but he expected one in mid January "along with one new 3600". I said, "Excuse me???". I then proceeded to grill him, but he didn't have a lot of info. It's the same length as the 3400 and the now defunct 3670. It has 3 slides. He has NO idea what the floor plan looks like, but I can guess what if DOESN'T look like. He said they discontinued the 3670 because it was a slow mover, so I assume the floor plan will NOT look like the 3670. How's that for specific info?
He also informed me that the new front caps AND the Mor/Ryde suspensions will not start coming off the line until mid-March.

Glenn, as soon as get a 3600 (RL?) floor plan, I'm sure we would all like to see it... especially Rich and I.
We have at least 2 3000RK in stock here in the Pinellas Park location.
Well as you know the MOR/ryde has been in production since Dec 10th and is on every Montana delivered since that date.
I'm sure my GM said the new end caps were either in production or about to enter production. We have a bunch on new Monty's in for the show and none have the new cap. Not sure what he meant exactly but it looks like the new end cap is going to have some sort of mirror built into it to assist in hooking up. Like I say "I'm not sure" but when we went to look for the new caps we were also told to look for some sort of mirror.
As far as the 3600 we have one on the lot for the RV show but they have them packed in like Sardines and I can't get even get the door open much less get inside. I'll see what I can find out about the floor plan.
As far as the reasoning for discontinuing the 3670 he is probably right but only Montana can say for sure.

BTW--Any further info/updates are going to be put pretty much on hold until sometime after the Holidays. I am off until Tuesday the 27th but next week will be pretty much devoted to office work and getting ready for the show.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Glenn! Do you have any Mor/Rydes on the lot yet? Wondering if maybe we could get a photo.

As for the 3600... maybe if you could get in throught the laundry chute door... (as per the current ongoing thread on this)

Also, is the 3000 and the 3600 the only new floor plans?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:27 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Thanks, Glenn! Do you have any Mor/Rydes on the lot yet? Wondering if maybe we could get a photo.

We have a number of the Montana's with MOR/ryde. As far as a photo take a look at the MOR/ryde RE System page and click on the small graphic on the right to see the system in action.

As for the 3600... maybe if you could get in throught the laundry chute door... (as per the current ongoing thread on this)

It's quite evident that you and I have never met. I doubt this 300#+ frame will fit thru the little opening

Also, is the 3000 and the 3600 the only new floor plans?

So far as I know yes but with Montana you just never know what's coming out tomorrow.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Glenn,
take a look at the link below. It has pictures of the new front end cap with the mirror you are talking about.

http://groups.msn.com/CouchsCampersI...nw?albumlist=2
Old 12-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is killing me..We had the 3670 all wrapped up and now all new stuff.I mean we are going to order a Montana and we don't know what it is going to look like yet. Looks like the 3600 whatever it looks like is our most likely choice.. My guess is a island kitchen since the best sellers have island kitchens.. I can't stand it???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

Glenn,
take a look at the link below. It has pictures of the new front end cap with the mirror you are talking about.

http://groups.msn.com/CouchsCampersI...nw?albumlist=2
Thank you Dave. Can't wait to show my GM as he has no idea what the new nose looks like either.

I'm also wondering if the 4 photos of the 36' Floor Plan could possibly be the 3600?
I'd also like to know more about the "Docking Center"

HHHMMMMMM?????
Old 12-23-2005, 12:55 PM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
[quote]quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Quote:
Originally posted by dsprik

It's quite evident that you and I have never met. I doubt this 300#+ frame will fit thru the little opening
At 270 # (currently before my diet starting Jan 1), I'd also would be looking for a stray 12 yr old who wanted to make 5 bucks...

I have target of 230# by May... been at that weight before. Exercise is the key and my body responds very well to a low carb diet. Now if I could just keep my good lifestyle habits... but I digress.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:03 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I think the new 3600RL is shown in the photo's with the rear entertainment center and no picture window. It is a 3400RL with the recliners placed where the computer desk and tv/fireplace in the slide is, and the tv and desk brought to the back wall. I just got the brochure on the 2006 Travel Supreme and they have a coach with a rear entertainment center, this thing even offers a 50" wide screen LCD tv. =) Oh how the rv industry is getting better and better with their options.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:14 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you go to the topic"new changes i have seen"posted by couchscampers on Dec 4th you will see some information and pictures that he picked up at the Dealer show. These were confirmed by another dealer we know who was at the same show.There are some pictures that are maybe of the new 3600. Am sure things will change but i may give you a heads up. We will be at the Cleveland show first week of Jan and if anything new is there will take pix and post.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:17 AM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
OK The 3600 is an RE (3600RE). RE stands for Rear Entertainment and the 1st photo, New 36' floor plan, that Couchs posted is the rear entertainment center. The other 3- New 36' photos are also believed to be the 3600RE but until they can move some inventory around I can't verify that.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:26 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
With the Mor-ryde suspension and pin box they SHOULD be able to get away with that...
Old 12-27-2005, 08:34 AM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thanks Glenn for the update. From the pictures I really like the new 3600RE floor plan. Something to look forward to. =)
Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #15
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
Hey Glen, I got my 300#+ body through the trap door a couple of times! Not easy but possible.
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
Lindylu

M.O.C. #5809
If you're talking about the 3600RE we saw it at the Pomona RV show and fell in LOVE with it. It is gorgeous, I think we spent over an hour just sitting in it and admiring it. We have a 2003 with the rear living room and the 3600RE puts our to shame. It has the L-shaped island kitchen and a large entertainment center & fireplace on the back wall. The window and the recliners are on the driver's side.
Lindylu is offline   Reply With Quote