Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #1
bigfrank
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12319
Disc Brakes all installed

I knew that I would be impressed with how much better stopping would be but all i can say is WOW!! it is even better than I had imagined. Thanks to everyone that shared a post about Preformsnce Trailer Braking They came thru with flying colors John and Barbara Alinger did my install thru Performance Braking yesterday took the Monty for a rest run well you see by my post how it went
Thank Again for all support this Forum gives us
BigFrankClick image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1280.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	6104

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1281.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	6105

Name:	SAM_1282.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	6106

Name:	SAM_1286.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	6107

bigfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:31 PM   #2
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Not surprised you like it as i haven't seen or heard anyone that didn't like the disc brakes. With disc brakes my truck and rv together can stop quicker than the truck by itself. This might seem a little far fetched but several on this forum have said the same thing. Disc brakes and tires are the best safety improvement you can do to your rv. Glad you like them.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:04 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Our disc brakes have also been great and Performance Trailer Braking has excellent support. Just one word of advice: Keep an eye on the actuator unit, specifically the area in the front where that white cover is. After having our discs installed, and leaving the RV Park where they were installed, two days later there was brake fluid running down from under the white cover, enough that it was dripping onto the landing jack pad. I waited until we got to our winter spot in Arizona and contacted PTB and they sent a replacement unit to Dennis, their installer and he came to the park and replaced it. Our first trip after that was a little over two hours to Quartzsite in January, and after setting up, discovered the new actuator was leaking the same as the first one. PTB was giving a presentation at our Quartzsite circle, so when they arrived, I had Michael look at it, and several days later he had Dennis come out with another new actuator and replaced it again. So far the new unit is tight. Michael said Dexter has had an issue with some of their actuators leaking, so this isn’t a new problem. Other than this, the brake system is something I should have had done years ago.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:41 PM   #4
bigfrank
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12319
Thanks for the info will keep a close eye on that. There is just a another reason this MOC forum is so helpful

Thanks again
Big Frank
bigfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 05:33 PM   #5
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
I won't have another rig without them. Congratulations!