Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #1
rafael33155
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13290
Send a message via MSN to rafael33155
tank rinser

my black tank has a rotary rinser inside i can put water into the tank but i don't hear the rinser turning i think it got disconnected inside the tank my question is how do i get to it do i have to remove the tank?

rafael33155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #2
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
I don't think it is a moving part - just a spray head. On my Mountaineer, the hose going into the tank was not tight and sprayed water a little bit around the underbelly. Can you look inside the underbelly cover and see if there is any water laying around?

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Don't know of montana using a rotary rinse, but when you remove thet bottom plastic covering and the foil/bubble insulation, you should be able to see the tubing for the rinse at the front of the tank. The pex tubing will have a 1/2" connection that gets tightened or loosened by hand so this will be easy to undo. The sprayer on mine is held onto the front of the tank by screws and sealant. Needless to say, when putting new one back you have to get this sealed well. BUT before going that far, you need to find the vacumm breaker that is installed in the line and may be located under the bathroom sink. If you see four pex lines going up towards the sink fixture, two of the lines attach to to faucet and the other two lines will coonect together by a black plastic thing...the breaker. They have a habit of leaking or not letting water flow threw them....hense no rinse noise. If this isn't under the sink, then it is behind a shower wall and will be a pain to access as other moc members will attest to.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote