Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Time to fix my leaking grey tank.

Now that we have actually been USING our Monty, I had discovered that the grey tank leaks after it has been used a while. Water pouring out of the belly is not a pretty sight.

I opened up the front panels this morning and found the source of the problem. There is a 9-11 inch crack in the bottom of the tank starting right next to the connection to the dump pipe. It appears to have been "repaired" before. It seems to take the weight of several gallons of water in the tank to cause the crack to open up and let water start dripping out.

A guy next to us at the campground will let me use his blue tote tank to empty it out.

As an aside while I was expecting it, it is still disapointing to see wires and fresh water tubing laying helter skelter all over the belly pan. I'll make sure I have this tank fixed before I do wiring and insulating under there... Its NASTY working with waste water dripping down from everywhere. At least it isn't the black tank!

Eric

Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
This happened to our black tank a couple of years ago. Bob had to put supports under the tank to keep it from flexing and opening up the repair. Good luck!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:05 PM   #3
nkwist
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #821
After a year and thousands of miles, my 3400RL has develped a similar problem. It's only the gray tank, but when it gets about 3/4 full, it leaks into the "artic insulation" and drips out the belly. I've pulled the belly covering before (for a different problem) and it looks like I'll have to do it again. If it is a crack and I'm fortunate enough to be able to get to it, do you know of any "leak repair" that can be applied?
nkwist is offline   Reply With Quote