Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2023, 06:20 PM   #1
CaptainDave225
Established Member

M.O.C. #26917
Dish Network Sat

So, most of us already know KeyTV is not all that it’s supposed to be. That being said, I have a 2021 HC 331rl, my King Tailgater Pro works great on the main living room TV. To get the Bedroom TV to receive sat input and watch different channel than the living room TV you must run a separate cable from the sat dish to the bedroom TV. Key TV not able to split signal.
Question: Has anyone run a separate cable from the wet bay to the bedroom? I was hoping to pull the cable from the Key TV hub and then pull cable back with another cable attached back to bedroom. Somewhere the cable is zip tied or stapled along the interior route.
Hope some has ideas!!

CaptainDave225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 11:18 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
You could just add a coax cable connector to the wall outside where the TV is located, or even from underneath, maybe from the pass through compartment up through the floor. https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Coaxia...0498911&sr=8-3
If you don't want to drill holes in the rig, there is this option that can go in the window opening. https://www.amazon.com/Ancable-Exten..._t2_B07WSXCTPT
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 05:03 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
My rig does not have KeyTV (thankfully). Similar to what Rohrman described - I ran a 6' coax pigtail down thru the slideout wire loom. I connect the Tailgater coax to the end of the pigtail. Before I did it that way - I ran the coax thru the nearest window. DW did not like the look of the coax dangling across the fireplace to feed the Wally black box. Some forum members have used the pigtail idea and mounted the end on the slide wall with a nice weatherproof connector. DW did not want me drilling thru the exterior of the camper (she knows my skill level!). I don't use Dish on the bedroom TV. My OEM coax wiring works as intended for all TVs for over the air signal and park cable. The Dish Tailgater signal would not work with OEM wiring and splitters.

You could install the same concept using coax pigtails for both TVs. Your floor plan looks like access to the bedroom TV is good from from the basement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-04-03_05-35-11.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	14287  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 06:37 AM   #4
CaptainDave225
Established Member

M.O.C. #26917
Thank you for the suggestions and links.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:41 PM   #5
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
If you look up at the ceiling of the basement on the right side you will see the plumbing for the washer.
It's easy to fish a cable from the convenience center, behind the basement wall and up through the basement ceiling following the plumbing.
You can bring the coax out beside the dresser under the TV.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:56 PM   #6
CaptainDave225
Established Member

M.O.C. #26917
Wow! Thank you, I’ll be trying that tomorrow and will get back with you.