Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2005, 04:36 AM   #241
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lstierw

We also have the same remote and also have had the same problems. We will surely have ours changed out but probably not until we get back to our home state. Wondering why knowing that this has been such a problem that they would continue putting these units in?
That is easy to answer. $$$$$$$$. Keystone had a stock of the remote units that needed to be used, prior to switching to the CCC! The RV industry seems to run with a different quality mentallity than what you see in the auto industry. Keystone seems to be in constant denile when it comes to this problem. Most of us failed to get resolution to the problem by Keystone, and went to Dometic for help. Dometic was also reluctant to help at first, but finally agreed to swap out the units for "remote" customers.

mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:36 AM   #242
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
I emailed Dometic and explained my problem and they authorized a swap out to the wall unit. I had it installed but have not had a chance to test out the temperature control other than to make sure it works. Unit is winterized and covered and I wont be heading south until my daughter has her baby in February. Since I'm getting a rather late start on getting out of the cold I've put Arizona on hold until next winter and will head to Florida this winter.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #243
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
They certainly don't treat everyone the same. We had the typical thermostat problems and I emailed Dometic. They said they had to hear from our dealer with information on model#, serial #, etc. That was done and I just learned from the dealer that Dometic is sending out a replacement...........another remote thermostat! They don't give up do they? They know the only cure is the CCC unit but still they send the remotes. They must have a huge stock to get rid of even though they are junk. I guess we will jump through the hoops and when this proves to be more junk we will complain again..........maybe then we will get the Comfort Control Center.
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #244
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I just had my remote thermostat replaced by Dometic with the CCC. I did what thook did and emailed them about the numerous problems reported in this forum. They responded back by saying that it would not be a problem to replace and that I would need to take it to my dealer so they can provide them with model number, serial number, etc. I'm leaving tomorrow for a camping trip and will test it out.
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #245
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Tom and Sherry
On my first try Dometic did the same. As soon as I opened the box, I emailed again and said this was unacceptable. I sited the numerous problems mention on this forum and the only solution was the CCC. I got the CCC 2 days later. We never even installed the second remote. Someone needs to think of something to do with all these remote units laying around. We have 2.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:41 PM   #246
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
Finally......We received our Comfort Control Center after jumping through all the hoops. Dometic sent it to our dealer who sent it on to us. Looks like a very simple installation. If you have installed the first replacement (another remote and control box), this install looks to be just as simple. I will let you know how it performs.

Hang in there......it can be done!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #247
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by thook

Finally......We received our Comfort Control Center after jumping through all the hoops. Dometic sent it to our dealer who sent it on to us. Looks like a very simple installation. If you have installed the first replacement (another remote and control box), this install looks to be just as simple. I will let you know how it performs.

Hang in there......it can be done!
Follow the steps on page 7 of this thread.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:43 PM   #248
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Yes, follow the steps on page 7 and don't forget to set the dip switches, I speak from experience. Some one asked what to do with the old unit. I keep one remote in the bedroom and another in the living area set on HOUSE and use them as a temperature gauge.

Good luck, it only took us 9 months to get the CCC and it now works great.

Dick & Jackie Driver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:16 AM   #249
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
I've installed the Comfort Control Center and thermostat and it is not working.I have 110v and 12v to the control board and as far as I can tell all the wires connected correctly but it appears there is nothing getting to the thermostat. There is no display showing. I have tried setting the dip switch to #5 and nothing. Tried a reset and nothing there either...........any ideas short of taking it to the dealer.......65 miles away in the snow!
Old 12-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #250
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:

I've installed the Comfort Control Center and thermostat and it is not working.I have 110v and 12v to the control board and as far as I can tell all the wires connected correctly but it appears there is nothing getting to the thermostat. There is no display showing. I have tried setting the dip switch to #5 and nothing. Tried a reset and nothing there either...........any ideas short of taking it to the dealer.......65 miles away in the snow!
I have a couple of thoughts.

1. Are you sure you plugged the telephone cable into the correct port on the ceiling unit?
2. Check the plug on the wall unit.
3. Confirm that you have 12 volts present, and no fuses blown.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #251
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:

One last thing.

Did you turn the thermostat on!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #252
Montana_5033

M.O.C. #5033
I have a question about converting to the Comfort Control Center and the replacing the control box up in the AC unit does it make a difference what model Duo Therm AC you have.I have the model # 59516.531. Will the CCC 3109228.001 Electronic Control 3109226.005 work???
Montana_5033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #253
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bob_kompier

I have a question about converting to the Comfort Control Center and the replacing the control box up in the AC unit does it make a difference what model Duo Therm AC you have.I have the model # 59516.531. Will the CCC 3109228.001 Electronic Control 3109226.005 work???
As long as you are replacing a unit that uses that the remote control, it should work. The upgrade will not work with the older units, that used the old analog thermostat.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #254
Phil Poindexter
Established Member

M.O.C. #4125
I have posted before regarding the replacement of the remote control Dometic with the CCC Dometic. Under warranty, recall that they originally replaced our remote wall unit and the computer box with another of the same kind. It still did not work right, with 10 degree variances and erratic on/off cycles.

Finally, after much ado between our Dealer, Keystone, Dometic, (so dealer tells me) and after 4 weeks in the shop, they finally installed the CCC--Control Comfort Center. Gosh, what a difference. Set it at 72 and it comes on and runs temp up to 72 and actually shuts off. Then at 70, it turns on again. Amazing! Finally, we have a furnace that is working right. Our analog mechanical mercury thermostat in our little Terry worked better than that remote thing. I was even ready to accept that if necessary.

Alls wall that ends well. You all keep on top of Keystone and Dometic and make them do it right!

PHil
Phil Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:16 AM   #255
Montana_5033

M.O.C. #5033
Well I replaced the Remote with the new CCC, I did it myself because I bought the Montana used so the warranties was not available to me. The system works like a charm now. Thanks for all members input on this forum, I would have been scratching my head for a long time.
Montana_5033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:45 AM   #256
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
My face is red! As previously posted, I coudn't get the CCC to fire up. I had checked that I had 12vdc and 110vac at the control board and checked the 12 volt panel for a red light indicating a blown fuse. Everything checked out so I was ready to haul the 5er to the dealer so he could check it out. We were hooked up and before we left Sherry asked why there was a red light on the dc panel........trust me, it wasn't there before. Sure enough, there was a blown fuse and after changing it everything worked great. As advertised in this forum the unit works perfectly. Cut in/cutout was right on the money........honest honey, the fuse didn't show blown when I started this project. Soon I hope she will let me forget this one!
Old 01-13-2006, 04:25 AM   #257
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:

My face is red! As previously posted, I coudn't get the CCC to fire up. I had checked that I had 12vdc and 110vac at the control board and checked the 12 volt panel for a red light indicating a blown fuse. Everything checked out so I was ready to haul the 5er to the dealer so he could check it out. We were hooked up and before we left Sherry asked why there was a red light on the dc panel........trust me, it wasn't there before. Sure enough, there was a blown fuse and after changing it everything worked great. As advertised in this forum the unit works perfectly. Cut in/cutout was right on the money........honest honey, the fuse didn't show blown when I started this project. Soon I hope she will let me forget this one!
Good to see the honesty Tom! I'm glad it is working now. I will add a section to the page 7 directions, to make sure to disconnect the 12 volts prior to starting the conversion!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:18 AM   #258
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Quote:

Tom,

If your wife is anything like mine,........ you're doomed.
My wife remembers EVERYTHING I do that doesn't turn out right.

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #259
mikedesj
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3083
I am currently winter camping in Maine. I took the time to read the book twice. I have had no problems with the remote. I am able to maintain a constant temperature inside. It is currently 12 degrees outside.
mikedesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 02:30 PM   #260
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Mike - then you are one of the lucky ones. Please do not suggest none of us read the book - we did over and over and yet had the same problem. By the length of this thread you have to know there was a problem with a lot of the remote units. We all had the same problem. We could maintain the temperature also - just 10 degrees off. The CCC has no problem.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote