Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Computing on the road

As we get prepared to travel, I am looking for a way to access the internet without being wired to something. A man inside a SAM'S CLUB told me to go to peterpan.com, didn't work, maybe it was a joke, don't know. Anyone have any ideas that are reasonable in price. Tom

WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I get on by using a connectivety kit from cell to my computer. It is slow but it get the job done, e-mail, forum, etc. I am currently using a Motorola cell with Alltel when I am on the road. No increase in fees.

A lot of campsites and most major truck stops have wiresless so you might get a wireless card.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:43 AM   #3
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
I assume you already have an ISP that you are currently using to connect to the internet. You should check with your ISP and see if they will give you a list of local access numbers for when you travel. I use Toast.net and they gave me a file with all the local access numbers so that when I stop somewhere I look up that area code and exchange and dial it up using my Verizon LG4400b phone and a $20.00 data cable from Radio Shack. I get much faster transfer speed than a 56k modem gives me at home! I do have to pay for the minutes though.

Good luck.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote