Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > What's cooking?
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2009, 04:35 AM   #1
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
more vegetarian recipes, please!

Hi all! First, let me say it was great to see all my acquaintances at the rally... and wonderful to meet new ones. It really was a great time!

Those who chatted with me may have learned that the doctors have put me on a vegetarian diet (for a while, at least... for my awful cholesterol troubles). I'm looking for as many vegetarian recipes as I can get my hands on... I'm having the most trouble with breakfast. My brain is having a tough time wrapping around veggies for breakfast... no dairy (I'm allergic to it, it hits me in the lungs), no soy (doc says it screws with the hormone levels)... no processed foods (any wonder I lost so much weight! and I'm trying to put it back on and not having any luck there either). I know.. meat protein puts things back together but I've been told "no" for now.

Any help y'all could offer would sure be appreciated!

Happy trails... see some of you in Florida... we leave Oct 15th (planned that way, anyway).

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Helen: go to google and enter "vegetarian recipes" and you will get a large number of websites listing recipes. Good Luck getting that cholesterol down.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:09 AM   #3
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
sage advice... thanks. I was only searching, from all my buddies, for tried and true goodies that others have found to be scrumptious. I've amassed some veg. recipes... but seem to be constantly running to the store for ingredients that I don't have. Don't know how I'm gonna fit all this stuff in the camper. How have you been? PM me.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
For anyone who might care, I just got my cholesterol labs back today... and joy and rapture... my numbers are all back to normal. A combination of the part-time vegetarian diet and meds twice a week, everything dropped. I'm to stay on the veg. diet, 3 days a week so that's not so bad.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Good news, Helen! I know you were worried about those numbers.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:04 AM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Congratulations!!! That's good news.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #7
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Great!! Goooood to hear.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Great news Helen!! Congrats!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Such good news to hear. You've been working at those numbers and it's paid off. Congratulations, Helen.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #10
FRED S
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4621
So glad to hear your numbers are improving! I know you have been working really hard, Helen.
FRED S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
Tootucky
Established Member

M.O.C. #7909
Helen, congratulations!!!!! I know you have been working hard!! keep it up!! Yeahhhhh!
Tootucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Thanks all! Your words are encouraging. I've never had to work this hard at anything... but the alternative choice
isn't so pretty... so I'll stick to it. I don't know how, those of you who have diabetic diets and weight loss diets
do it... but I'm gonna give it my best shot.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #13
Wschep
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8810
Helen - Check out Rene Oswald on the internet. TONS of "raw" foods used in the vita mix blender - or perhaps you already know this. I know you did a demonostration at the fall rally but for some reason I missed it. Ironically two weeks after the rally Wayne came home with this blender and we have totally changed our diets to almost all raw foods and have never felt so good and along with that of course comes the weight loss. Yippee for us anyways. I understand, however, you want to gain weight now and there are some pretty scrumptuous recipes in her book that would allow that I suppose. We have enjoyed every recipe in her book so far. There are a lot of them so its going to take us awhile to experience them all. Anyways thought I would throw it out there. Glad to read your numbers are better. Enjoy your good health!!!
Wschep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #14
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Helen,

Friend change our breakfast menu when we visited them in Colorado. We now eat frozen fruit,(toss it in the microwave for 20 seconds) raisin bran, a fresh bananna, wheat germ, flax seed and cinnamon. We also put yogurt on it, but that can be eliminated if you don't like the dairy. Great for the cholestrol levels and using frozen keeps spoilage down. I buy most of my fruit from Sams,the Dole brand. The cinammon is supposed to be good for your metabolism, you might not need that.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Wschep, Thank you! I actually didn't know of Oswald but I'll look it up on the internet. I spend so much time trying
to find easy, different things that I can fix ahead and be able to take for lunch (I'm back working for Disney) that
I'm not spending much time on the internet. I love the heads up though. Yes, the Vita-mix is a great machine! I use
it a lot and try to share the great things it does with a lot of people. Can't beat it! (no pun intended).

Coleen... Ahhhh, the Cinnamon thing. I've heard that... and try to use it as much as possible. The frozen fruit is a
great idea... and I buy fresh and cut it up and freeze it so I can stick to organic as much as possible (talk about
expensive!) but I don't want the pesticides. When are you guys coming down? I would love to have you come up to our
park on one of our craft days and share a couple of the ideas you told us about at the rally. Drop me an email when you can.

A note to you both, and to anyone else who might read this post, my alternative doctor has me taking two supplements (yup, supplements, not prescriptions) for both my liver (to help it purge itself of the cholesterol) and my thyroid (which evidently just needed iodine) and they both worked. Incredible. Only sad part is insurance won't pay for
supplements (which won't harm your body) but they will pay for prescriptions, which have more side effects than what's
wrong with you in the first place. What's wrong with THAT picture?!?!?